Satellite Receiver for Bedroom

jammaw08

Well, after a couple of hours of the satellite installer man searching for the bedroom satellite cable to hook up a receiver in the bedroom I went to HOOT and found Jim's great instructions. Who would have dreamed the end of the cable would have been hidden away in the ceiling speaker? (By that time it had become a personal challenge for him.) He ran it across inside the ceiling and had to drill a hole because there was a board blocking access to the wire box thingy. He put a wall plate on it and it looks like it came from the factory that way. Now, if someone would explain why that cable was in the ceiling. At least it was where we could get to it. Jim, thanks for your very good insx. That did the trick. Now, dh can watch golf while I watch FOX and QVC.:D:D

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
The cable in the ceiling is if you decide to mount a roof top sat dish. It would connect to the dish then it runs down to the docking center. From there it is jumpered over to the other sat connector to go to the LR entertainment area.

jbeletti

Hi Russ and Barb,

We're going to miss you at the rally :(

Happy to hear you got your sat issues worked out. Woohoo! TV everywhere baby!

The article on HOOT was written by our technical moderator - Michael Kidd. So I cannot take credit.

I think Ray hit the nail on the head on the wire in the ceiling. There may have been two there as well as Heartland now wires 2 lines for the rooftop satellite system. In the Bighorn, I do not believe there was ever a return line from the main TV, back to the bedroom.

The Classic Landmarks used to have a return line from the main TV area back to the coat closet and wired into the VCR input of the Winegard RF switcher. This did allow for easy switching for the bedroom TV to get programming thrown to it from equipment in the main TV area. In my 2005 Landmark, I ran the video outputs of my DVD player, VCR and Satellite Receiver into an A/V switcher and then fed the output of the switcher to an RF modulator (both $25 items). The output of the modulator fed the line to the Winegard switcher. Worked for me :)

jammaw08

The instructions did say there would be two wires but there was only one. He even checked in the other speaker. It may have been meant for the roof but it is now plugged into either the back of the receiver or the tv(I don't know which) in the bedroom and it works great. The sat wire is connected in the docking station. Now the next project is securing the tv so we won't have to put it in the hidey-hole in the closet when we travel. We did the floor tiles on the bed box and it is amazing at the difference it makes in making the bed. Thanks again to some of you guys on the forum for that idea. I can even slide the mattress myself.

Jim, if you know Michael Kidd tell him he sure did help us out today. The "time clock" ($$$$) was ticking on the sat. installer.
I sure hate that we aren't going to make the rally. I have a feeling you are going to have a super time.