New 3400RE

sleepless

We picked up our new 3400RE last Wednesday and took it out to a local RV site for a night. We are very happy with it. Have had just a few problems: There is a small crack in the shower wall. The dealer said they would repair it but should we insist that the enclosure be replaced? While towing a piece of trim fell off. Our (I should say my) biggest problem is figuring out the entertainment system. But I'm learning a lot by reading the forums here.

On June 11th we take it down to Lake Tahoe where we're going to spend about 2 weeks. We'll be getting married while there. Then in September we will be going full time.

I've spent a few hours checking out the forums here. I have to say that you folks are the most polite "posters" I've ever seen. Not a nasty word or flame.

Take care all,
David, Sue, and Peggy Sue (miniature daschund)

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Welcome to the Heartland Family and the forum David and Sue. Thanks for the positive comments also. Wow! New trailer, getting married and going full time, all in the same year. Hats off to you my friend. That's quite a challenge. As for the entertainment center, most have had problems with coax cables either misrouted or the connections being grounded out. If your handy with A/V stuff at home, you should be able to get it straightend out. It took me several hours but I had to trace every cable and replace 5 connectors. Once done it sounded great. Have fun and enjoy going full time.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Welcome & Congratulations

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.
Congratulations on your new 5th Wheel, and on your upcoming Wedding.
I am sure that your dealer will be able to resolve your showers problems.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the 3400RE. As you may see, we also have the 3400RE. We have had a few problems but nothing to cause a lot of problems. We are on our way to Heartland to find a couple of water leaks we have when it rains. May have found one but the other has me stumped. The entertainment system is working fine at this time. We picked ours up on Jan. 31 of this year.

We went fulltime on 10/08/2007 and are enjoying it everyday.

If you have any questions or anything I can help you with, PM me.

jbeletti

Bob,

If you are going to Elkhart, may as well keep going to Branson! We need you there :)

Hey - Heartland has a brand new rain booth at their new building where they new North Country is made.

Have fun.

Jim

Forrest Fetherolf

On June 11th we take it down to Lake Tahoe where we're going to spend about 2 weeks. We'll be getting married while there. Then in September we will be going full time.

I've spent a few hours checking out the forums here. I have to say that you folks are the most polite "posters" I've ever seen. Not a nasty word or flame.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
David and Sue,

Congratulations on your new 3400RE............You are invited the Las Vegas Rally Sept 26-28, I have attached the rally flyer. If possible start your full-timing with a trip here. The rally's are lots of fun and very informative for those with questions.

//heartlandowners.org/images/attach/pdf.gifHeartland Owners Rally.pdf (78.7 KB, 1 views)

Forrest - Nevada Chapter Rally

grizzlygiant

No one answered your cracked shower wall question. I most definitely simply have it repaired by an EXPERIENCED fibreglass repair man...it is done all the time to residential tubs/showers with excelent sucess..

timk

I think the shower repair would be better than cutting a 3 foot hole in the roof to get a new one in.

Sleepless, we are also new owners of a 3600RE. I had a similar problem with my entertainment system. After several hours of trying to get the signal from the DVD player to the TV I finally contact the folks at Heartland. They hinted that they had some problems with the video and audio input connectors being swapped during installation. The only way I could verify this was to neatly cut an access port on the left side (looking toward the rear) of the entertainment cabinet. This was inside the cabinet. Once I did this I could plainly see that the input signals were swapped. Just guessing but is might be because the cable colors are close to the same. One is white and one is yellow. Heartland sent me new cabinet material to cover the access port. I was able to cut the access port with a dull box cutter. No trouble at all.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
We have our 5er permanently setting on a year around site on the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Tennessee River</st1:place>. I don’t even have anything to pull it with but we’re working on that. I started out in the first weeks of ownership surfing the topics on this Board. It really helped me. I experienced some of the same problems as other folks and I was prepared for them. The folks on the Board are very polite and go out of their way to help. Good luck on your marriage.