Leaving Heartland Product

Tundra2084

Well we were looking for a BigHorn or Big Country but no luck in either of these. We even decided to go with a rear livingroom because the front livingroom we saw was not up to par (really used and looked it and over priced for the year). We looked at gently used from 2011 to 2012 because we were upside down on our Sundance. Frank is going to retire the first of next year and we needed to get everything set and ready for that next big step in our lives. We still ended up driving over 2 1/2 hrs to look at the unit we did purchase and have been there twice so far and will be going back to pick our NEW 2014 up at the dealership first part of May. We traveled almost 3 hours to look at the only FL that was available in Ontario and that was a waste of time. Oh...that dealer did have a 2011 Landmark we were interested in but the salesman was not there and we asked for him to call us back and he never did. Guess he didn't want our business that badly.
So on to another brand of Full time Fiver and we pray that the Fiver gods will be just as good to us on our new unit as they were with our Sundance. We will always look at Heartland as a place of learning from people who are there to help. Heartland has gone above and beyond in the flexing problem we had with our unit and we will forever be greatful for all the time and effort they took to treat us fairly. Not many manufacturers will even talk to you if you have a problem ..they always tell you to take it back to where you bought it and let them deal with it but not heartland. They stood behind their product and for that we will NEVER bash heartland to anyone and will ALWAYS recommend the Heartland products to anyone asking about a good quality trailer.
Thank you again for being there for us and we are going to still be lurking and watching this forum because most units have the same problems and with all the help from others on here if we do come into a problem I'm sure we find the answer some where on this forum.

Happy Trails and Keep on Traveling.

Dawn & Frank

danemayer

Hi Frank and Dawn,

Sorry you couldn't find a Heartland unit in your area. Good luck with the SOB 5'er you found and best wishes for your upcoming retirement.

windviewer

Hope you're still coming to Sherkston, even without a Heartland trailer. Was looking forward to talking with your about your experiences and always nice to to see SOB at times.

Good luck with the new vehicle.

jbeletti

Frank and Dawn - congrats on your new RV and we wish you all the best and maybe see you down the road at a chapter rally somewhere.

Tundra2084

Wasn't sure if we would still be able to attend any of the rally because we will have SOB of unit. Because of this we canceled our reservation for the Ontario Rally. Thank you for the good wishes and thank you for the great forum and people who are always here to help.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Wasn't sure if we would still be able to attend any of the rally because we will have SOB of unit. Because of this we canceled our reservation for the Ontario Rally. Thank you for the good wishes and thank you for the great forum and people who are always here to help.

If you have "Some other Brand" (SOB) you are are able to go to Chapter Rallies, if you pay a $20 fee.

windviewer

If you have "Some other Brand" (SOB) you are are able to go to Chapter Rallies, if you pay a $20 fee.

yes, the signup information just lists a nonmember fee of $20. i see no reason why you cannot still join everyone. i think we (as probationary or free first year members) have to pay the fee as well. no big deal.

Tundra2084

We already paid membership and our renewal date is in July of 2017. But no longer owning a Heartland product would we still have to pay the $20?

windviewer

I cant speak for the actual rules enforcer, but I would't think so given you are a paid member at the time of the rally. send a pm to bighornby (sherkston organizer) to clarify.

The discount on the overnight stays is probably worth more than $20 anyway.

Last edited:

jbeletti

We already paid membership and our renewal date is in July of 2017. But no longer owning a Heartland product would we still have to pay the $20?

Continued ownership of a Heartland produced RV is a requirement of membership. When a member no longer owns a Heartland produced RV, their membership terminates. That said, we'd still like to see you at chapter rallies and we'd like you to be able to hang out at chapter rallies with the friends you've made in the club. Like all SOBs or Heartland owners who are not club members, we kindly ask that you pay the non-member fee.

Diamondjim

Sounds like a good deal to me, with the rallies, have your cake and eat it too, for $20.

Wish you well in retirement. You'll wonder how you got all your work done while you were working...........it's worse when you retire. Been doing that for 10 years, and am busier than 15 years ago.

Safe travels to you!

Tundra2084

W will be attending the Ontario Rally as planned just in a different rig. Thank you for the info on retirement. That's exactly what my dad said when he retired, he was busier after he stopped working.

See you at the Rally

Jim-Lynn

W will be attending the Ontario Rally as planned just in a different rig. Thank you for the info on retirement. That's exactly what my dad said when he retired, he was busier after he stopped working.

See you at the Rally
Dawn & Frank, we are glad you are still coming to rally. Lynn and I will see you there. All the best till then.

Jim

donmogey

Well we were looking for a BigHorn or Big Country but no luck in either of these. We even decided to go with a rear livingroom because the front livingroom we saw was not up to par (really used and looked it and over priced for the year). We looked at gently used from 2011 to 2012 because we were upside down on our Sundance. Frank is going to retire the first of next year and we needed to get everything set and ready for that next big step in our lives. We still ended up driving over 2 1/2 hrs to look at the unit we did purchase and have been there twice so far and will be going back to pick our NEW 2014 up at the dealership first part of May. We traveled almost 3 hours to look at the only FL that was available in Ontario and that was a waste of time. Oh...that dealer did have a 2011 Landmark we were interested in but the salesman was not there and we asked for him to call us back and he never did. Guess he didn't want our business that badly.
So on to another brand of Full time Fiver and we pray that the Fiver gods will be just as good to us on our new unit as they were with our Sundance. We will always look at Heartland as a place of learning from people who are there to help. Heartland has gone above and beyond in the flexing problem we had with our unit and we will forever be greatful for all the time and effort they took to treat us fairly. Not many manufacturers will even talk to you if you have a problem ..they always tell you to take it back to where you bought it and let them deal with it but not heartland. They stood behind their product and for that we will NEVER bash heartland to anyone and will ALWAYS recommend the Heartland products to anyone asking about a good quality trailer.
Thank you again for being there for us and we are going to still be lurking and watching this forum because most units have the same problems and with all the help from others on here if we do come into a problem I'm sure we find the answer some where on this forum.

Happy Trails and Keep on Traveling.

Dawn & Frank
Did you look at the Landmarks?
They have models with rear living.
We just bot (in October) a Syracuse, 36' . It is out 1st 5er after a Monaco MH for 10 years.
Love it.

Well, with all the troubles we are having with our 2012 big country, you are probably lucky you didn't get one. It would not hurt my feelings one bit if ours burnt to the ground. I'm so disgusted with it.