water heater

Dusty

I cant seem to get my hot water heater to work on propane. The instruction booklet is the next best thing to useless. I have a bighorn 3500RL and the water works fairly well on electric, although it sometimes doesnt seem to be hot enough. but I cannot get it to do anything on propane. anyone else having this issue, any suggestions, is there something i am or am not doing?

Thanks

Dusty

Gary F

There is a small "rocker switch" located behind the exterior service panel, the panel you remove to drain your hot water tank. A small black switch is located in the left lower corner.

Turn the switch on - turn on the propane - and then turn on the red lighted rocker switch that is located on the tank monitoring panel. The switch should be labeled heater.

Good luck.

Dusty

Thanks Gary,

I will give that a try, better now than when I am out and its really cold, or I dont have electric.

Dusty&Linda

BluegrassMan

Luke warm water?

HI All:
When I seemed to have the same problem, mine kicked on for a few minutes then went back to pilot. Thus having luke warm water, My dealer checked it and told me that I had one of my by-pass valves turned wrong.

After changing it everything was OK. :confused:

Denny

Dusty

Thanks Bluegrass,

I had read that post when you first had the issue and I checked for that right away. I will continue looking though.

Dusty