King sized bed

HarryT

Travelin Toews'
We're new owners of a Bighorn 3055RL and are about to take our "maiden voyage" in the trailer. One thing that has us a little preturbed is the way the king sized bed fits so tight in the slide. How do you make up the bed? It doesn't look like there's room for the sheets and blankets between the side of the bed and the slide. It looks like you may have to fold back the blankets when you make the bed.
Has anybody had problems with this?

HarryT

cjbearden

Visitor
If you do a search on "king size bed", you will see several posts regarding what some have done to modify comforter, etc. to get the bed made. We just slide the mattress down far enough to get a fitted sheet on the top and then slide mattress back in place to finish putting on fitted sheet. The top sheet, blanket, etc. just have to be folded at the top. Some cover up with lots of pillows. Some have glued linolieum onto top of the storage box lid to help move mattress easier. Bottom line, making the bed is same problem for majority of us. Just one of the things you put up with.

Welcome to the Heartland Family.

HarryT

Travelin Toews'
Thanks for your help, but I managed to find the thread you mentioned while searching through the sight. I'm a little new to this and didn't think of doing the search. I was thinking of changing it to a Queen sized bed, but maybe we'll try some of these ideas first, including leaving the vanity door open so the mattress doesn't rub agains the door.
Harry T

StevieWonder

Sounds like a "wifely" issue to me ... :eek:

(dodging flying kitchen items, garbage and other reachable items) ;)

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
Stop by a carpet and flooring store and ask for a "scrap" piece of vinyl. It won't be much. Take the mattress off the pedestal and install the vinyl. It will help slide the mattress down to make up the bed.

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
I didnt like the king size bed so maybe it is a "wifey issue" when she just about pulls her back to shreds and starts crying after trying to make the bed once. My DH cut the platform topper back to the size of the platform. We plunked a queen size mattress down on top of it and now the 800 thread count sheets fit it too. I no longer lose my husband in bed, I can make the bed and we have more room in the bedroom. Total time, 45 minutes, total cost, Zero,,, happy wife? Priceless

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
As others have said, this dilemma follows everyone having the king bed. If my wife makes the bed she usually just leaves the quilt and sheet folded over at the corners. If I make it (most of the time) I am able to use a bit of force to tuck everything in on each side. It takes a little effort but it can be done. There isn't much room to fit a larger slide due to dimensional constraints but a lot of us larger folks with dogs that must share the bed need the King. We tested the queen at a mattress store and ther was no way.

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
We have no animals, well except for the octopus my wife says she sleeps with. ;) I think we could get by with a twin. :p