Water Leak, Kitchen Area

shanise25

We have a 2009 2889RB Sundance and here are some of the problems we've had so far:

-front electric jacks fuse blew, twice(problem unknown)
-towing RV in the rain living room carpet was wet
-rained today and notice my whole carpet is wet on the kitchen/living room slideout

I understand it is the tweaking phase but this is frustrating at times...

StevieWonder

Check the seals around the slideout(s) to make sure they aren't twisted or otherwise deformed. Double check the ceiling vents to make sure they are SNUG (but NOT overtightened) and the windows to make sure they are fully closed. These are the most obvious ... after that more detective work will be required. Your dealer can check it with a garden hose while somebody inside looks for the leaks(s). It sounds as if you are leaking around the slideout. If you don't have them, I STRONGLY recommend the awnings that cover the slides. It sure helps with water-and-leaves-on-the-slideout issues and radically reduces the heat from direct sun during the summer.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Last edited:

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
The rubber seal should be pointing toward the outside when slide is out and toward the inside when in. I had noticed carpet showing in wheel well area took back to dealer for repair !! The dealer added water proofing to area. I new this could lead to problem in the future. I also used great stuff foam to fill any gaps under the 5er and went back over next day with black spray paint.

shanise25

I noticed the rubber seal inward on the kitchen slide out...i'm assuming the water was leaking through there...as for the wheel well, i will check any gaps...thanks for the feed back

cj11302000

Shanise, we had the same problem with our 2009 Sundance 2997BHS. We got wet carpet in the main area once, but we got consistent wet carpet in the rear bunk area around the slide. I had a shop that was doing warranty work look at it, but they couldn't find it. I finally discovered that the water was getting inside the cover that seals the underside of the coach. It's a black cardboard looking material that is bolted to the frame, but not a close enough spacing. I had areas that sagged and water was getting in there. I ended up taking a can of that expandable foam used in construction and ran a bead of it around the entire seal all the way around. I did this because I could see water inside the area. I no longer have the problem. I would check there...it only cost me about six bucks and took about 30 minutes.

shanise25

cj, I may have the same problem as yours...i was my rv and i noticed the carpet getting wet from inside the couch area(where a silver box is located). I immediately retracted the slide. I am just wondering where you sprayed the foam?

attached photos

Attachments

• DSC00551.jpg
    DSC00551.jpg
    767.2 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC00553.jpg
    DSC00553.jpg
    377.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited: