Sansui TV doesn't work

todalake

We went camping this weekend for the first time and can't figure out how to get the TV to work. We were at a state park so we were relying on the antenna for reception. Plug underneath the TV was plugged to 'cable' outlet. Other option underneath was 'satellite'. I could get one channel very fuzzy but no sound. FIL 20 year old trailer had much better reception with rabbit ears in the same park. Salesman said it should be set up from factory to work. Any ideas? Our next outing will be at Branson. Earlier we were the only Big Country signed up for the rally, so we won't be hard to find it you have a solution. Thanks!

jbeletti

todalake,

Try this:

1. TV on
2. Antenna up
3. Antenna booster on (little switch on a TV wall plate - maybe in the bedroom - a red light will light up)
4. Using the remote control for the TV, get into the tuning mode, set it for Antenna and hit Auto-tune (or some-such)
5. Viola! Hopefully.

If that does not work - there will be plenty of campers at the rally to try to get it going.

See you there.

Jim

BJ'sDad

Try it the way Jim suggests....if you still have nothing, try connecting to the "satellite" input. I fought my Sundance for an hour (new Vizeo TV that has the slowest channel search ever) and found that they had connected the cables to the wrong jacks in the wall plate.

Definately make sure the antenna booster is on, without it on you might as well use rabbit ears.

RubiconAg

The booster makes a huge difference. Our tv barely picks up channels, as soon as you turn the booster on you get several very clear ones. Try it out, it also helps to rotate the antenna.