Welcome back light -Bighorn 3270

Gary521

Does anybody know where the light timer is located in the Bighorn 3270 for the welcome back light. The light only worked once. The wall switch works for the light but not the door magnetic switch. I tried to remove the threshold but that thing is really wedged in there tight. Is there a trick to removing the threshold? I was looking for the timer to see if I had loose connection as a starting point. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

danemayer

Hi Gary,

The control module is probably located between the entry door and the pass through storage rear wall - closer to the door.

I've attached a draft version of a Welcome Back Light Guide that might be of help.

Attachments

• Welcome Back Light draft V1.pdf
    126.8 KB · Views: 63

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I have something like this right behind the basement wall, behind the 110 plug and the TV coax jack. In that area. Thanks now I know what that is. And Thanks Dan for that doc.

rhodies1

Does anybody know where the light timer is located in the Bighorn 3270 for the welcome back light. The light only worked once. The wall switch works for the light but not the door magnetic switch. I tried to remove the threshold but that thing is really wedged in there tight. Is there a trick to removing the threshold? I was looking for the timer to see if I had loose connection as a starting point. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Its located behind the basement wall ,laying on the floor,usually on the passenger side.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Its located behind the basement wall ,laying on the floor,usually on the passenger side.

Looks like this...
1057b0439a3cef9f837ceb82d951d0f4.jpg

Gary521

Thanks, I will check closely. I have part of the basement wall down and did not see it but I will look harder. Any thoughts on removing the threshold? It appear to be wedged in there. Did not want to damage anything with a pry bar.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Thanks, I will check closely. I have part of the basement wall down and did not see it but I will look harder. Any thoughts on removing the threshold? It appear to be wedged in there. Did not want to damage anything with a pry bar.

We too have a BH. I found it lying on the floor, door side, behind the wall where the 110v receptacle and tv coax are mounted.
You'll most likely need to remove that portion of the wall for access

danemayer

We too have a BH. I found it lying on the floor, door side, behind the wall where the 110v receptacle and tv coax are mounted.
You'll most likely need to remove that portion of the wall for access

Before taking the threshhold apart, or the door frame, I'd look for a lot of other possibilities. But if you do dig in to it, please get some good pictures so we can help the next person.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

Mine is located behind the fire extinguisher mount.