Light switch swap

MP_CS

Finally got around to changing out all the cheesy DC rocker switches that came stock on my sundance with nice AC decora residential switches. Hardest part was trimming the paneling to fit the switches in the walls. I also moved the living room light switch out of the cabinet and onto the wall where it shoulda been to begin with. BAlso moved the awning switch to inside the cabinet control center were that shoulda been to begin with. It was installed from the factory on the cabinet front almost on the floor. It took some wall fishing and a few beers but result is something I've been wanting since we bought it.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Finally got around to changing out all the cheesy DC rocker switches that came stock on my sundance with nice AC decora residential switches. Hardest part was trimming the paneling to fit the switches in the walls. I also moved the living room light switch out of the cabinet and onto the wall where it shoulda been to begin with. BAlso moved the awning switch to inside the cabinet control center were that shoulda been to begin with. It was installed from the factory on the cabinet front almost on the floor. It took some wall fishing and a few beers but result is something I've been wanting since we bought it.

Congrats! Post some pics!!

MP_CS

First pic shows original location of awning switch, right above propane alarm, what kinda moron would think "yea thats a good spot". Lol
image.jpg

Some quick pics of switches
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired

Have done the same...replaced the most used little itty-bitty light switches with flat paddle switches plus added one so we needn't have to open the cabinet.
425727882b0fc9440d83bdfcc952b4f9.jpg

3955df6c7453153acc6b26bd4ecb90cd.jpg

7595031509fe090bbaf2704cb6ad5655.jpg

Gtoli

First pic shows original location of awning switch, right above propane alarm, what kinda moron would think "yea thats a good spot". Lol
View attachment 44535

Some quick pics of switches
View attachment 44536View attachment 44537View attachment 44538View attachment 44539

I had to move some of my switches around as well, they were all poorly located. Nothing like stumbling around in a dark rv and digging around in a dark cabinet full of switches hoping to hit the right one.

heres a link to the mods done so far...

https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/58598-The-mods-have-started

MP_CS

You would think that the installers at the factory would think a little more about were the best spot would be before they mount switches..

mlpeloquin

You would think that the installers at the factory would think a little more about were the best spot would be before they mount switches..

Installers don't decide where the switches go. The designers do and I bet that they have never owned or lived in one.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Installers don't decide where the switches go. The designers do and I bet that they have never owned or lived in one.

DW would like to show the designers some things too regarding cabinet size for dishes, linens, and towels, or lack there of, as well. She's often said that those who design these have little knowledge or experience traveling or living in one of their designs!!!