3300ML carpet

Tweedy

The edge of the carpet on the large slide in our 2014 3300ML rides up against the island when the slide is retracted. This is causing a permanent fold about 4 inches wide along the leading edge of the carpet that is reluctant to flatten out when the slide is extended. Does anyone else have this problem and can anything be done?

Last edited by a moderator:

Chippendale

Mine does exactly the same thing. It also feels like the slide may not go out all the way which causes the slide floor to kind of sit on top of the trailer floor causing what seems like at least a 1/2 inch or more lip. But after discussing it with the dealer, etc have decided it is the way it was built and will have to live with it. I am sitting in it right now, I took one of the recliners out and put in a small computer desk and a regular office chair. To use the desk, I have to pull it out to the edge of the slide and have the chair 100% on the trailer floor because I can't get the chair to roll over the lip between the two floors. Have noticed the floors on the Big Country, Bighorn and Landmark are much more level. Oh well, next time.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
We had to folds in our carpet where the rear slides ran in and out. Our dealer restretched and relaid the carpet and we have had no problems since then.

Chippendale

Unfortunately, I don't think that would help our problems. I think the measurements of the floor board in the slide was a fraction to wide and then they cut the carpet a fraction too wide. Just something have to live with, may cause me to get that new Landmark sooner. :eek:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Can you post a pic so we can see what the issue is exactly? Someone may have a suggestion based on a picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tweedy

Thanks for feedback. As you said, sounds like we'll just have to live with it. It isn't the elevated slide floor that bothers us so much as how the carpet will fare after repeated folding each time the slide moves in and out.

Chippendale

The service guy at the dealership I purchased from said nothing could be done about it, but I think he is wrong. My guess is that possibly the slide floor was cut maybe 1/4 to 1/2 inch too wide, and that is the problem. If you watch slides going in and out, it seems like when they get all the way out, they drop down some and then when they start back in, they raise up and then slide in. If it was cut too wide, when open it sits on the floor of the trailer and does not drop down, and then when closed, it pushes too close to the peninsula base cabinet. This is what is happening, and since I am not ready to give up yet, I went to a local SOB dealership for a second opinion and talked to a service writer there. He says that slides can usually be adjusted, so when I get it out of storage again next week I am going to take it over there and let them look at it. It might be an adjustment that my friendly Heartland dealer just didn't want to fool with. I will post what his opinion was after I show it to them.

Tweedy

The service guy at the dealership I purchased from said nothing could be done about it, but I think he is wrong. My guess is that possibly the slide floor was cut maybe 1/4 to 1/2 inch too wide, and that is the problem. If you watch slides going in and out, it seems like when they get all the way out, they drop down some and then when they start back in, they raise up and then slide in. If it was cut too wide, when open it sits on the floor of the trailer and does not drop down, and then when closed, it pushes too close to the peninsula base cabinet. This is what is happening, and since I am not ready to give up yet, I went to a local SOB dealership for a second opinion and talked to a service writer there. He says that slides can usually be adjusted, so when I get it out of storage again next week I am going to take it over there and let them look at it. It might be an adjustment that my friendly Heartland dealer just didn't want to fool with. I will post what his opinion was after I show it to them.

Thanks for the info. I have advised our dealer of the issue and they are currently checking it out. Will let you know how it goes.