installing a EMS-HW50C

We own a 3070RL 5th wheel. We want to install a EMS-HW50C but have not been able to locate the junction box. It is not behind the fuse panel nor is it in the basement, at least not where we have looked. Any suggestions would be helpful.

my apologies to the Admin as I inadvertently hit send before I finished my first message.

Carole

jimtoo

Hi Carole,

Welcome to the posting side of the Heartland Owners Forum.

Hopefully some of our other members will jump in soon with some info for you about the location of the junction box in your unit.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Garypowell

Don't know your unit but I don't think there is a junction box. My knowledge is that your main 50 amp supply line runs right into the breaker panel.

Many just remove those wires and direct them to the supply side of the unit then out the other side you run new wires to the breaker box.

It it can be done in as little as an hour sitting on the floor with the breaker panel out.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Like Gary said, no junction box. I have installed several of those and have never seem a junction box.

Peace
Dave

gasman

Camp Socializer
When I installed mine, I was able to pull plenty of slack in the cable that I just cut it and wired the ends into the EMS without messing with the panel.

mlpeloquin

No junction box. Mine did not have enough slack to cut and install. I tried it. Just order the same six gage wire Heartland uses. You can order it from Home Depot. Get Red, Black, White, and I used uninsulated 6ga for the ground. I actually used 4ga wire, but that requires more typing than I want to do on my I-Phone. Been on and am traveling. I did purchase cable tie downs to strain relief the power cable. It is a requirement in all MIL and NASA designs.

We own a 3070RL 5th wheel. We want to install a EMS-HW50C but have not been able to locate the junction box. It is not behind the fuse panel nor is it in the basement, at least not where we have looked. Any suggestions would be helpful.

my apologies to the Admin as I inadvertently hit send before I finished my first message.

Carole
Thank you for all the help . We are proceeding with confidence now.

Az_Ernie

Don't know your unit but I don't think there is a junction box. My knowledge is that your main 50 amp supply line runs right into the breaker panel.

Many just remove those wires and direct them to the supply side of the unit then out the other side you run new wires to the breaker box.

It it can be done in as little as an hour sitting on the floor with the breaker panel out.

When I installed ours, I did as Gary suggested, disconnected 50 amp supply wires from breaker panel and connected to input side of EMS unit. Should we ever upgrade or sell our BH and want to keep our EMS unit, all we'll need to do is remove our input wires from EMS-HW50C and reconnect to circuit breaker panel. Depending on how much slack is in the 50 amp supply line, if EMS unit is spliced in, you may have a difficult time reconnecting supply line to breaker panel.