Wanting a new 415

TBONE21

Hey everyone. I saw a 415 at an RV show and really want one. I have never owned a heartland and was wondering how their quality was. I read the other thread on this but wanted more on if owners are pleased or not.
Also should I buy a dually truck to tow it with? It seems heavy.

any other advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

jimtoo

Hi TBONE21,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other members will jump in also, but I think the quality is above average in the rv world. It seems we have all had some problems, some more than others, but it is that way with anything you buy. You always hear about the bad things and very seldom hear about the all the good things.

And for towing... yes,, get a dually.

Enjoy the forum and hope to see you on the road in a Heartland unit.

Jim M

IronJ

That's a big trailer, and actually the one that got my wife wanting a new trailer...we ended up with a 420, as the floor plan fits out needs better.

We have had some small issues with it, but as with any new rig its part of the game. ..but it hasn't been anything major that would cause me to not recommend the brand 100% . It really comes down to the dealer/service...they can make a major issue into nothing or a simple issues into a headache..

As for the truck....just get the dually now...lol...save the trouble later...or end up like me and have to buy a new one right after you already bought one..

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

ram_1955

I am a newer owner (Feb 10, 2016) of a Road Warrior 413. I owned a travel trailer and a smaller truck, I would not consider towing one of these without a dually. I am pleased so far. I have found little things but nothing major and I am being very picky. If you have something in particular ask and I will try to answer.

TBONE21

I am a newer owner (Feb 10, 2016) of a Road Warrior 413. I owned a travel trailer and a smaller truck, I would not consider towing one of these without a dually. I am pleased so far. I have found little things but nothing major and I am being very picky. If you have something in particular ask and I will try to answer.

what small issues have you had? Do you think it is built well?

thanks for the other replies so far guys.

Nbomar

I have a 2014 415. I love it and it fits all our needs. I did tow it for a year with a F250 before I upgraded to a GMC dually. Like everyone else has said I've had some smaller issues and still have some, but nothing major has gone wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ram_1955

what small issues have you had? Do you think it is built well?

thanks for the other replies so far guys.

Battery box would not stay closed and vent hose wasn't attached
trim on inside of front door was loose
fuel gauge for second fuel tank does not appear to work, I am going to add additional fuel to verify
support bracket for fender skirt came loose
small leak in plumbing on front shower

hboy1

We have a new Road Warrior and are pleased with hit. This is our 3rd RV purchase. 1st from heartland. I would go into any RV purchase with the expectation that you will have problems with something. Maybe small, maybe not. Don't plan a cross country trip with week you take delivery. I would not plan a big trip for a few months after delivery. Keep it local and get the bugs worked out.

I think most single rear wheel trucks don't have the towing/payload capacity for such a heavy trailer. I see these big 3 axle rigs going down the road with a SRW truck. Many do it. Everyone with a dually says they would never go back to a SRW. For us, we picked out a smaller toy hauler that would fit a SRW truck because a dually is not practical for us, yet.....

Happy shopping!

Jim-Lynn

TBONE21 - I agree with ironj, you will have some issues, hopefully just minor. All the manufacturers do have problems, but I will tell you after many trailers & a new motor coach that fell apart, HEARTLAND has been great since we purchased our unit. We have had some issues, not related to quality and it was fixed asap. God bless them, they did everything to please. I would not hesitate to purchase another or recommend them to anyone. Have you ordered your RV yet? or still looking?

Jim

Rhyph

We are on our second Heartland product with our new RW 420 and we are absolutely pleased with it. We were meticulous on PDI; we worked with and overnighted at our purchasing dealership for 3 days to work through a few new unit bugs when we bought it, noting major. A tank sensor was inop, the tablet control system wifi board was dead and had to be replaced, couple of drippy water line connections required tightening, had to re-work all the coax hook-ups and straighten out the satellite wiring. We also had a couple of wish-list install items done. Since then we've had no other issues except the Anderson 4-way valve suddenly loosing an internal o-ring causing the fresh tank to start filling while on city water hook-up. One email to Anderson and I got a re-build kit shipped for free and that was fixed. I've been monitoring everything for leaks/drips, etc as we just returned from a major trip with it and so far all is well.

TBONE21

I started another thread on my purchase but I ended up buying a new 2017 413 today. I'm so pumped