Is extra stabilization needed with a 6 point level up

bigdob24

For those of you that now have a 6 point level up system, do you feel the need for something more ?
Like Steadyfast or one of the other add on systems to take the shake out ?
Looking at ordering a new BC and trying to figure out what's needed.
Thanks
Dan

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

My 2 cents: I feel there is no need for any of that stuff with the level-up system. That's the beauty of the level up, push one button to level it and 1 button to pick up the jacks and roll on down the road. Of course If you add the Steadyfast, the Strong Arm's, or even a tripod, they will all make a small difference that you might or might not notice. I bought a tripod and rarely pull it out anymore. Level-Up made life so mush more enjoyable that I choose to take advantage of it.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
It depends on the surface you're parked on. On concrete, I feel less movement than gravel. We had Steadyfast on our previous rig without Level-Up. I really prefer the ease of setup and teardown without having to mess with the Steadyfast, and I'm willing to tolerate a little more movement because of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

BouseBill

We use a kingpin stabilizer, helps with the vibration from the washer/dryer unit in the bedroom.

bigdob24

Sounds like we should give it the old try and just see how it works without extra support.
I really don't want to remove the SteadyFast from my current rig " again" and re install .
Thanks for the input
Dan

ndmac

For those of you that now have a 6 point level up system, do you feel the need for something more ?
Like Steadyfast or one of the other add on systems to take the shake out ?
Looking at ordering a new BC and trying to figure out what's needed.
Thanks
Dan

Added J.T. Strong arm to mine when I purchased CY4200. Never used it with just DW and I for first 8-10 months as I thought I did not need it. One week the two Grandsons came to stay with us so I engaged them and now I use them all the time.
Note: We leave ours in seasonal spot so I do not move like some of the others.

Makes a difference, but depends on how you use it and your tolerance for movement...LOL

My two cents!

Ladiver

I added JT Strongarms to our CY3100 after several months. Was a great choice. We leave our dogs (two 65lb labradors) in the garage at night. Sometimes, they decide to play (or run in their dreams!). Well, the 6 pt level up system can only do so much for stability! Adding the Strongarms, we have a significant reduction in trailer movement.

I will do it again on our next rig.

gasman

Camp Socializer
We are full-time now and albeit the 6 point does a wonderful job, it still allows for some movement. I just ordered the Steadyfast system and I will be installing it next week. If we weren't in it full-time, I don't think I would be adding anything.

Geodude

We go with the stock Level Up for weekend camping, as the shake is barely noticeable, especially now that we're camping w/o kids! If we're parked somewhere for six or seven days, I'll use a stack of Lynx levellers under each leg in order to to reduce the amount of extension of each leg and this serves to reduce the wiggle.

That said, I only use a couple of Lynx levellers under the front legs (landing gear) as I wouldn't want to have the trailer fall off anything higher than two Lynx levellers when hooking up, and potentially damaging the truck box.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
We have Level Up, rear stabilizers and JT Strongarms.
For some this might be overkill but I want maximum stabilization whether set up for a week or month and I like it all.
Especially with a washer and dryer.

Peace
Dave

Pirana

I added the Steadyfast bars and it makes a huge difference. I was getting a lot of rocking on the back end of the trailer, not much on the front. But definitely worth it. WIll add 2 more bars to cross at the front and one more at the back.

20160416_115005_zpsurw0jmob.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

By the looks of your jacks in this picture I think your jacks are mounted to high. How many inches of shaft do you have sticking out when level ?? Looks like about 14" to me

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Pirana

If referring to me...that picture was in a slope. So it did come out farther than normal. The jacks are the way the factory set them up.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

In my opinion the factory is installing them to high on some coach's.
I have see a few Big Horn's already that have been maxed out before they can eavn level the coach. On our friends Big Horn we lowered them 2 bolt holes and could have went 3 holes. It made a big difference in the stability and now he's able to properly use the level-up system without it ready an out of stroke error message.

I'm sure if you do not travel much and you are in one place for a long period of time those bars would be well worth it. But we move alot never staying anywhere more than 5 or 6 days. And our rig is very stable with only 10" to 11" of extension on the 15" ram when level.

sjandbj

In my opinion the factory is installing them to high on some coach's.
I have see a few Big Horn's already that have been maxed out before they can eavn level the coach. On our friends Big Horn we lowered them 2 bolt holes and could have went 3 holes. It made a big difference in the stability and now he's able to properly use the level-up system without it ready an out of stroke error message.

I'm sure if you do not travel much and you are in one place for a long period of time those bars would be well worth it. But we move alot never staying anywhere more than 5 or 6 days. And our rig is very stable with only 10" to 11" of extension on the 15" ram when level.

I would agree with Jerrod. I had to lower my rams 2 holes and should have gone 3. I was always getting the error " out of stroke". Lowering the levelers made a big difference. I would still like to have the electric stabilizers on the back.

Steve