ATF: Road Warrior - Area under the garage

Darren

I have a 2016 Road Warrior 415 and was wondering if the area under the garage is enclosed or if it is just open with the fuel tanks there? I am wanting to get at the underside of the garage floor to put some backing plates on some wheel chocks for my Harley and was wondering how big of a job this might be or if it is even possible.

szewczyk_john

These pics are old from the goshen national rally two rallies ago which would make these from 2011, I believe. This was a frame from the first station with the ramp closest to the camera. So the area that you are seeing first would be the tool box right after the ramp door. Others have used backing plates or nuts and bolts. Some have used self drilling bolts and hit the beams, while others just use a chock without attaching it to the floor. Hope these photos shed a little bit of light on your question.IMG_0006.jpgIMG_0006.jpg

Sniper

This is what it looks like under our Cyclone 3010. Your Road Warrior should be similar. The pic shows the bolts we used for our Pingle removable wheel chocks. The bolts are forward of the fuel tank, which in our case is also forward of the rear man door. Hope this picture helps you some.

GEDC1385.jpg Top of photo is towards the front of the RV.

GEDC1381.jpg For perspective of where the removable chokes are inside the garage.

Safe travels. :)

Darren

I have a Bike Pro and need to bolt it down. What Sniper did is what I am looking to do. On my little flatdeck trailer I use short pieces of channel iron I had laying around the farm. If I can, I'd like to use them again. I might have to look for some Condor chocks. They might be more what I'm wanting in the long run.

porthole

Retired
The Condor's are nice. I have two of the Bike Pro chocks and a total of 5 mounting plates, 3 in my motorcycle trailer, 1 in the Cyclone, only because I haven't removed it yet and one sitting in the shed. I alos have the "standalone" plate that is worthless. It is aluminum and folded the first time I tried to rock the bike out of the chock.

I have two Condor's. Since I no longer bolt them down, I just fold them and move them to the side when the bike is unloaded. One is usually in the house garage, I park the bike on it all the time. The bike sitting upright gives more room in the garage.

Darren

I will definitely have to look for these condor chocks as they sound to be exactly what I'm looking for. I didn't think the stand alone plate for the Bike Pro looked all that great in the pictures. I was thinking of making my own after my new shop gets built this summer but I was going to use a piece of metal sheeting and make it the length of the bike. Now, though, I'm going to look into the Condor before I do anything. Thanks for the advice.

Jim-Lynn

Like Duane I have the Condor & do not bolt it down and it does not move. Great system.
Jim

The Condor's are nice. I have two of the Bike Pro chocks and a total of 5 mounting plates, 3 in my motorcycle trailer, 1 in the Cyclone, only because I haven't removed it yet and one sitting in the shed. I alos have the "standalone" plate that is worthless. It is aluminum and folded the first time I tried to rock the bike out of the chock.

I have two Condor's. Since I no longer bolt them down, I just fold them and move them to the side when the bike is unloaded. One is usually in the house garage, I park the bike on it all the time. The bike sitting upright gives more room in the garage.

Can you post a picture of the bikes in the condor chocks in your rig, I used two bike pro's in my Cyclone 3814, I have a RW 390 now, and also was wondering how to best mount the plates in the garage. Are your condor chocks completely free standing? And straping the bikes on the sides?

Dennyha

I just installed a Biker Bar manufactured by B&W. I was also able to access the underside to attach the backing plates in the garage area, but it is installed further back, closer to the middle row of tie-downs. I haven't hauled my bike with it yet, but it does seem to be extremely sturdy. It looks to be a nice alternative to a chock, and is easily removed from the garage, but it is pricey.

http://www.turnoverball.com/products/biker-bar/biker-bar-product

OEFVET

After talking to Duane I started using the Condor last year. As Duane already stated, no need to bolt it to the floor. Works very well.

nfa1eab

88d72f2c10acb633c2e630e6d20608b4.jpg

I use the Baxley Sport Chock. Very sturdy and stable. I have a 10 foot garage, so I put a 2x4 flat on floor up against front wall to keep things away from the sliding door. Just butt the chock up the the 2x4 centered in between mounting plates and tie down with two ratchet straps through center frame at base of steering head. (2015 Road King) I then put a strap back around rear tire and through rear bag mounts. This strap goes to about mid-bike and is pulling forward as well. Front straps are snugged to compress shocks a little, not gorilla'd down. Rear strap is just to keep back end from hopping on nasty bridge compressions. Have used this method with a Road King and Road Glide in back with minimal space between. Bikes stay steady and solid. Other bonuses are the fact that you can drive the bike into the chock when loading and step off. Chock captures front tire and holds bike up securely for easy 1 man loading and strapping. No holes in floor, chock can be set outside to park bike. I as well use it in my garage to park the bike. Also perfect for washing. Condor works similar, I just like the beefiness of the Baxley.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk