Poll: Landmark Water Heater

In a new Landmark or your current Landmark, which water heater would you choose?

• Standard 12 Gallon AC power / Propane Water Heater

Votes: 47 82.5%
  • Endless Hot Water Heater (via propane only - i.e. tankless and similar)

Votes: 10 17.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jbeletti

Landmark GM, Andy Wesdorp has asked me to place this poll online to get a feel for what Landmark owners/buyers are interested in for Hot Water.

Currently, Landmark comes standard with a 12 gallon AC power/Propane water heater.

Question: If you were to buy a new Landmark or if you would have had the choice when you bought your current Landmark, would you prefer the current 12 gallon AC power/Propane water heater or a water heater that delivered Endless Hot Water (tankless and similar)?

Poll voting will be anonymous. Poll will remain open for 14 days.

Please feel free to give expanded feedback by given by doing a Post Reply to this thread.

billk263

California-South Chapter Leaders
I like the current 12 gallon water heater. I like the option of gas/electric.
I'm not sold on the tankless set up as of yet.

Bill & Irene

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Considering that Landmark 365 is kinda built for 2 people, a 12 Gallon electric/propane water heater seems like it is sufficient.

We're always on shore power and always run the water heater in electric mode.

I don't think I'd want to have to schlep propane tanks to keep the water hot. And I just know it'll run out of propane at an inopportune time. Kind of the same way that the furnace empties the tank at 3:30 AM when it's -30F.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I see no reason for tankless or unlimited hot water heater. We've never run out of hot water and according to many reviews and reports on many other RV forums, there are still lots of problems with the tankless units.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

As of now I would stay with the current 12 gallon Electric/Propane. It's just the two of us and rarely run out of hot water now. Like Dan we run on 110 power 95% of the time.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Here's another vote for the current 12 gal. propane/electric hot water heater. We have not run out of hot water using the current set-up so "If it ain't broke -- don't fix it." Besides being the cheap bast*** I am, if I'm paying for electric at the camp site, why not use it instead of my propane.

Bones

I will go against everyone so far and say that the Idea of the tankless water heater is very appealing to me. I like the idea of having hot water on demand for everyone to shower and not having a full tank of water sitting around.

farside291

I like having the option of having 120 or 12 volt available. Running 120 volt and 12 volt simultaneously give me almost unlimited hot water. And when I don't need it I am not burning propane.

TxCowboy

Sign Laurie and me up for the shore power/propane camp. Lugging 30 pound propane bottle around is never fun and we're hooked to shore power almost all the time.

travlingman

Have never ran out of hot water with the 12 gallon. Don't like the idea of paying for propane when I am hooked up to electric.

JJC

retired Tennessee Chapter Leaders
Yet another vote for the 12g (or larger ;) AC/propane system. Personally, I like the redundant power of the current system. It takes cold shower off the table.

AAdams

If we were to buy a Landmark the standard 12 gallon water heater would be our choice. From a plumbing stand point, looking at the the Girard tankless water heater in burns 41,000 btu / hour. Given there is about 91,200 btu's to a gallon of propane I could see going through a lot of propane as the showers get longer with the endless supply. Also, for those that have hard water, I wonder what the failure rate is on the sensors when the sensor that detects water flow start to have build up. When we installed tankless systems in homes we would require a softener.

Bones

well That is a per hour capacity. You could hold the same thought if you run the furnace for a full hour you would eat up your propane supply in no time. so assume that 2 showers will take 30 minutes which is 50% capacity and if your showers are less it would be less capacity. The same goes for your heater and your grill use.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I know the voting is closed but would love to see the Atwood version hot water heater. Had that in our 2012 Big Country 3650 and really loved it. The anode is a lot of trouble having to check it every month or two for wear.

carl.swoyer

Not sure that the tankless would be beneficial. At my house yes but in my fifth wheel I think no.

Carl & Christine, 2012 Landmark Rushmore, 2005 Silverado crew cab lt 8 foot bed 6.6 lly /Allison -custom dual exhaust-205000 miles !

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Didn't get here in time to vote, but I would have opted for the current HWH