Heartland Gives Back Programs

navyAZ1

Hi All, this is from Ann Parrish HOC #1158 mine and my husbands user name on the forum is navyAZ1, not sure if this is the proper thread to put this in but here goes! As most of you know at the Heartland International Rallys we have been having a program under Heartland Gives Back, known as Baby Blessings from which we had volunteers knit or buy baby blankets, and various other baby related items to be donated to local charities. Well the program is being expanded to other areas of need. Judy Barnett who heads up the Baby Blessings has announced that we will be asking for donations to a new area of need that will be known as Heartland Hats & Hugs. This program will cover shawls, and chemo caps for those who are receiving cancer treatment, these items will be donated to patients at the local hospitals, and cancer centers. The new program will be headed up by myself, Ann Parrish and I would love to hear from anyone who would be interested in knitting some of these shawls and chemo caps. Since we all have been affected in one way or another by cancer we feel this will be a great program for our next Goshen Rally. The program has gotten off to a great start with one of our HOC members Randy & Brenda Spitzkeit owners of Benchmark RV Park in Meridian, MS who donated $300 to our cause for the purchase of yarn. If you would be interested in either purchasing your own yarn and making the items, or if you would prefer to receive some of the yarn that I purchase with our generous donation that we received, please contact me and let me know your choices. You can PM me here, email me at parrishr@fusemail.com, or call me at (770) 757-4895. I have been making and donating these shawls, and chemo caps for local area hospitals for a while now and it is really a great way to give back to those in need. Thanks to all in advance.

Ann Parrish

VKTalley

Hi All, this is from Ann Parrish HOC #1158 mine and my husbands user name on the forum is navyAZ1, not sure if this is the proper thread to put this in but here goes! As most of you know at the Heartland International Rallys we have been having a program under Heartland Gives Back, known as Baby Blessings from which we had volunteers knit or buy baby blankets, and various other baby related items to be donated to local charities. Well the program is being expanded to other areas of need. Judy Barnett who heads up the Baby Blessings has announced that we will be asking for donations to a new area of need that will be known as Heartland Hats & Hugs. This program will cover shawls, and chemo caps for those who are receiving cancer treatment, these items will be donated to patients at the local hospitals, and cancer centers. The new program will be headed up by myself, Ann Parrish and I would love to hear from anyone who would be interested in knitting some of these shawls and chemo caps. Since we all have been affected in one way or another by cancer we feel this will be a great program for our next Goshen Rally. The program has gotten off to a great start with one of our HOC members Randy & Brenda Spitzkeit owners of Benchmark RV Park in Meridian, MS who donated $300 to our cause for the purchase of yarn. If you would be interested in either purchasing your own yarn and making the items, or if you would prefer to receive some of the yarn that I purchase with our generous donation that we received, please contact me and let me know your choices. You can PM me here, email me at parrishr@fusemail.com, or call me at (770) 757-4895. I have been making and donating these shawls, and chemo caps for local area hospitals for a while now and it is really a great way to give back to those in need. Thanks to all in advance.

Ann Parrish

Ann, this is the kind of things I do on regularly. Any preferences on the shawls? I belong to a Prayer Shawl minstry at our church in Alabama and send items back to a friend of mine (and co-leader) to be given out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Domi

I'd like to be able to participate in this give back but I've yet to hear from anyone even though I've emailed Ann. I've received no response so I am wondering if this is even active anymore & if Ann no longer is doing it, is anyone else or does the the group need a leader? It would be wonderful to be able to do this if it can be managed. Please let me know. Thanks

Domi

danemayer

Ann may not be able to respond for a few days. I think she may be dealing with a medical situation.

Domi

I posted here to see if anyone would reply as I thought the thread was dead. I had emailed Ann back when this was first posted & got no response so I was taking the chance to reactivate it if it was a dead thread & try to get it active.

Thanks for your response. Hopefully I will see a response in the near future.

Ann may not be able to respond for a few days. I think she may be dealing with a medical situation.

navyAZ1

Hi Domi, Ann is not available right now she is in the hospital awaiting surgery that will take place Friday 7/15. I will make sure she gets your message and as soon as she's able she will contact you concerning the prayer shawls. To be honest she responds better to phone text or phone calls, she's not real hi-tech and doesn't keep up with her emails like she should.

Thanks,

VKTalley

Hi Domi, Ann is not available right now she is in the hospital awaiting surgery that will take place Friday 7/15. I will make sure she gets your message and as soon as she's able she will contact you concerning the prayer shawls. To be honest she responds better to phone text or phone calls, she's not real hi-tech and doesn't keep up with her emails like she should.

Thanks,

Keep us posted on how Ms. Ann is doing, please! Will be praying for you both.