Curious about the age of other Owner's Club members

I'm simply curious about the age of members of the Heartland Owners Club and I'll be the first to say: The wife and I are in our early 40's. I have not been to a rally yet, even though we've owned our 2015 Mallard for about a year now. We hope to get to one soon. If you don't want to post your age I understand. It would just be interesting to know. Thanks and God bless.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: Curios about the age of other Owner's Club members

We're mid-40s. Been RVing only since 2008, but tent camped some early on in our marriage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh

I will be 50 next month and she is mid 40's. I hope SHE does not read THIS because SHE would want ME to say late 20's. :cool:

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders

We are in our mid 60s. I may be a little past mid. However age is a state of mind. She says I tend not to act my age.

We camped on our honeymoon 46 years ago and have been doing so ever since.

Last edited:

Kbvols

Hey big john jeep

My wife and I are in our early 50's. I would have no idea on what the average age of club members would be. If i were guessing based on the rallys we have attended I would say early 6o's perhaps. But you know age really is only a number.

I would encourage you to attend a rally they really are alot of fun, informatitive and best of all a great way to meet alot of good folks.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

I will be 56 in July . . .

Chippendale

Here I am, thinking about selling my house in Sun City, because there are too many old people here, and purchasing a Landmark and full timing. But after seeing the ages being posted, maybe I better keep my house or sell it and move into assisted living. I would be around too many young people RVing, I am 76, only a few months away from 77.

HornedToad

I've lived in 7 decades, worked for the same company 37 years, been married, to the same Wife, for 33 years and my oldest daughter is over 30. Every day is a new adventure and at 57 I'm still just a big kid at heart. I think RV'ing helps keep me feeling young!!!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

Getting real close to seven decades. Been married to the same woman for almost 43 years of that. And happily mostly retired for the last 14 years.

Dloebrich

We are in our mid 50"s
We went to our first Owners group function a few weeks ago in Lancaster PA. The age range was 14 to 82 and everything in between. Over all some of the nicest and most welcoming people we have had the pleasure to meet. Something for everybody!

Last edited by a moderator:

mlpeloquin

I am going to be 62 in November and my wife is three years older. Oops! Hope you all cannot add. Don't tell her! I retired and 55 and we have been traveling around the country ever since. First by air and rented car. Then by a class C motor home. Finally purchased my truck and Bighorn in late 2012. Could not be more happy.....well until I have to repair the sewer valve!

Let you now that searching the FORUM you really don't have to ask much advice. Last thing to fail is the remote. Have a new one and searching the FORUM I know where to look for the "brain" with the syncing switch. Do that tomorrow.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life

Wife late 60's. I'm early 70's. Been RV'ing last 6 years but did some tent camping when kids was young. We are on our 3rd Heartland rig. Married 50 years this coming July.

Jim_Hull

We are both 50 years young and have been rving since 2001. This is our second camper and our first Heartland unit. Started when our girls were young. They grew out of it, and we didn't.

Bogie

I'm mid sixties. The age of my wife is undisclosed in the interest of family harmony. Been married 42 years (she was a child bride). Been camping all 42 of them. First in a tent, then a pop up. Now we love our 5 er.

IronJ

we got lots a camping years to come !!

i turn 40 this year and wife is about same age (lol...thats best answer i think)...hahahah

- - - Updated - - -

we got lots a camping years to come !!

i turn 40 this year and wife is about same age (lol...thats best answer i think)...hahahah

Nbomar

I'm 35 and wife is 33. We are the youngsters around here it sounds like.

Gtoli

I'm 50 wife is married to me. Tent camped for years, bought a starter 24' Tango TT from Pacific Coachworks
in 2010 and traded up to our current rig in November 2015. Look forward to enjoying our Cyclone until we retire and maybe upgrading then.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

Sounds like most are young pups. I'm 70 and Patty is 61. Been doing some kind of camping for 40 years. As stated, age is just a number. Remember, the older people can teach the younger ones somethings. We did not get this old by doing stupid things.

I thought that Jon was an old fart....but it seems BigJim and I have him beat. Now there is Jimtoo, he is the only one left from Custers last stand. Lov ya Jim2.

In closing you younger people should go to rallies and suck up all the wealth of knowledge out there.

jnbhobe

Wait Bob I resemble that remark. We're 70 and have been camping since 1967 and in the club since the beginning.