rv aftermarket warranty

Kathi-27

does anyone have or had or had dealings with agws. compass rv protection warranty. by American guardian warranty services.getting ready to pickup and sign papers on new 3875fb next week end.dealer wants to sell extended warranties and tire and wheel road hazard looking for advice thanks.

MikeR

In answering your question, realize that it is my personal feelings about extended warranties. I would stay away from both of them. You would be better off putting the money, the warranty payments, into the bank and save up for when you might need a repair after your warranty is up. Remember these are big profit items for the dealer. Your new 3875fb will come standard with Sailun tires, which users are getting excellent performance from.

asherwin

Don't know about that specific company but we bought extended warranty with our BC and it has paid for itself several times over. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

MP_CS

We purchased an extended warranty with ours, haven't used it yet hope we never will actually but its there in case. I typically wouldn't buy it but the credit union we finaced through required it. I guess they are trying to protect " their" collateral. You will hear mixed reviews on them, some people like them some people dont. Differant strokes and all.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
does anyone have or had or had dealings with agws. compass rv protection warranty. by American guardian warranty services.getting ready to pickup and sign papers on new 3875fb next week end.dealer wants to sell extended warranties and tire and wheel road hazard looking for advice thanks.

If it is the same company that used to call themselves NCompass . . . RUN LIKE THE WIND AS FAST AS YOU CAN!

Ripoff company . . . big time!

Garypowell

We bought an EasyCare warranty for 5 years. Only one claim (an A/C unit) but it paid for itself. Our fireplace just died and we'll be money ahead and we still have 1.5 years to go. Our experience was excellent and our independent service person said it was the best and easiest he has ever worked with.

My guess your dealership is locked into who they are offering....but it would not hurt to ask. Or call EasyCare and ask them who sells their warranty in your area.

Rhyph

I have it, but our current 5th wheel is too new and haven't had to use it. First time with Compass, so we'll see. I figure it this way. If I have it, I'll have a problem free coach (knock on wood - our Bighorn being the exception but never made it to use of the ext. warranty). So I may never need it. If I don't get it, it's my luck that I will be regretting it later and have lots of repairs that it may have helped with paying for itself. Plenty of cases go both ways, it's a cr*p shoot, or roll of the dice in my opinion.

Case in point - I've had an iPhone and replaced/upgraded it on every major numeric increase (1 to 2, to 3, to 4, to iPhone 5 and finally 6), I don't do the in between models. I never bought the warranties, replacement plans, Apple Care, whatever. I figure eh, if it gets damaged, etc it is $6-800 out of my pocket (in contract) and I have to buy another. What this did over the years was force me to be meticulously careful with the phones. I pride myself on this, and my phones are re-sold on an auction site after I am done with them and bring ridiculous top dollar because of how clean they are.

Then tragedy struck! For the first time, I took my iPhone 5 in for the big drink. Left it in my board short pocket, hopped in the pool... for an hour. There's no coming back from that. Hilariously, after I took it to a place that dried her out it worked, sorta! Anything GPS, accelerometer, and blue tooth didn't work, there were two bad modules and the cost was about that of buying a used one in good condition, no thanks. Did I wish I had coverage at 1 year and 8 months old? You bet! Did I scrape by on an old iPhone 4 I had laying around until the 6 came out a few months later, yup. Do I have the warranty now? No.

I only tend to do it on major items, starting with TV's (had it save me once there just last year). Bought a C63 AMG, yup has it. My truck doesn't, but I'm on #8 and have a long history with FCA corporate, they treat me well.

Feeling lucky today (and later down the road)? Don't know if my insights and thoughts helped, might have made the indecision worse now that I think about it. ;)

On edit: saw the last reply while I was typing mine - yes negotiate! The prices are not fixed and even more evil you can sometimes swing at the bank for a lower interest rate if you have it.

carl.swoyer

I purchased cornerstone extended warranty and the payout $ far exceed the purchase price. 1700.00 to purchase over 8000.00 paid out.

Carl & Christine, 2012 Landmark Rushmore, 2005 Silverado crew cab lt 8 foot bed 6.6 lly /Allison -custom dual exhaust-198000 miles !

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
RV aftermarket warranty - read the fine print!

I have it, but our current 5th wheel is too new and haven't had to use it. First time with Compass, so we'll see.

Look up reviews for the warranty company and see what people have to say about them.

And definately read all of the fine print of your warranty as there may be lots of clauses about doing lots of required maintainence and keeping your records with you while on the road (in case you find yourself hundreds or thousands of miles from home) and need to use your warranty.

Also . . . check out the back-out clause!

After NCompass left us hanging (ie.- refused to cover, and then later offered up $150 towards over $4000 total repair bills after the required $150 deductable) 1000 miles from home with our previous Heartland Trail Runner, we cancelled the extended warranty and the money we got back from them was part of the down payment on our new Prowler!

We didn't get the dealership's warranty on the Prowler, but are looking at the Good Sam extended warranty once the Heartland warranty expires.

carl.swoyer

With cornerstone it was cheaper to purchase while factory warranty was still active. So I purchased three days before the factory expired. Check out cornerstone before you buy.

Carl & Christine, 2012 Landmark Rushmore, 2005 Silverado crew cab lt 8 foot bed 6.6 lly /Allison -custom dual exhaust-198000 miles !

mlpeloquin

EasyCare 5 year warranty. Used it once for the replacement of the bedroom slide motor and gear assembly.