What do you do with your toy hauler loft bed / attic space?

Rhyph

Howdy!

I'm curious to know what people do with that "bed" for the loft space in our toy haulers? I've also seen it referred to being an attic space for storage. What types of things do you keep up there? How do you control things from shifting around going down the road? Any organization tips?

Seems like lots of very usable space for storing things. I'm trying to figure out what might be the best way to go about it if I pull that mattress out of there, I noticed it's automotive grade carpeted beneath it.

Pictures of anyone's storage set-ups would be cool to see for reference.

Thanks!

Rhyph

We were thinking spring tension rods of some sorts, probably some beefy ones like what are used for curtains in an appropriate size to hold back some totes with stuff in them. You can get them in pretty much any size needed from Amazon.

I'm also looking at upgrading the "theater speaker system" (totally air quoted), because what came with is very bad and driven by the blu ray player. I might go "cheap" and put in a Bose set-up and a real receiver/processor, but the sub will need to live somewhere. I was thinking of putting it up in that loft space as well with some straps to keep it from going anywhere.

IronJ

Clear totes wirh extra "junk"..we just have it sitting on the mattress...nothing really moves or has ever shifted.

My daughter will probably want to use it at some point.

The stock "surround " is a joke...I agree...I bought a new reciever, but have yet to rip out the old speakers to rework them. The factory sub is in the basement and other than there or the loft I don't kniw where else you could put one?..

I do have an added sound bar and sub in my master bedroom. ..the bar is over the window valence and the sub is in the closet where the plugs are..that is a perfect setup!!

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

ram_1955

I put a sound bar below the tv it has a wireless sub that went behind the recliners and the 2 surround speakers wire to the sub.

I run the sound bar from the tv output and use the stock system as just a blue ray player.

thibideau

Loft space is great to stow our fishing rods and tackle in the spring and our rifles and hunting gear in the fall when away moose hunting.

Rhyph

Clear totes wirh extra "junk"..we just have it sitting on the mattress...nothing really moves or has ever shifted.

My daughter will probably want to use it at some point.

The stock "surround " is a joke...I agree...I bought a new reciever, but have yet to rip out the old speakers to rework them. The factory sub is in the basement and other than there or the loft I don't kniw where else you could put one?..

I do have an added sound bar and sub in my master bedroom. ..the bar is over the window valence and the sub is in the closet where the plugs are..that is a perfect setup!!

There is already a sub somewhere?!? Now that you've said that, I was just thinking about my recent venture down there. I took off the little wall right behind the UDC to do my own leak spot check, and discovered the dealer had left the control system on the floor from when we purchased it. We have the fancy schmancy tablet control system (LOVE IT) and the had to replace two modules (wifi and something else) to get it working. With everything going on, I think the tech doing that particular item forgot it.

Anyway, I just realized that while thinking about it, I did see something in there that made me take pause and think, what an odd looking box, and it has wire going into it. I set that aside in my brain for further investigation when I go to open the other side to re-mount the control boards and re-tidy up the wiring. It this was it, I was not looking at the ported side of it.

The soundbar idea in the bedroom is brilliant, I might have to do that as well.

I grabbed this picture to send the dealer to ask how and where I should remount the control system etc. This is all I have from down there, is this the sub?:

fe151aa95bda1a786f5bff320f2aa091.jpg

Attachments

• 9eb6dd757dc696395b91d3b711620461.jpg
    9eb6dd757dc696395b91d3b711620461.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 20

IronJ

Yep...well ...at least in mine that black box is the sub..it actually has decent output with a dvd, but with the tv input it's minimal at best?...

I also have a soundbar on the outside patio tv, as we tailgate and needed way more volume to hear the game...lol

I had to do the soundbar in the bedroom because when the ac ran i couldent hear the tv!! Lol..but I will say it's real nice to kick back there on my (replaced king mattress) and pop in a dvd and have nice cinema sound ( wife likes to blootooth music to it while she gets ready/bathes as well)