Bighorn - Normal water operations 2015 Big Horn 3160EL

What procedures must I follow to connect to RV park water? After connecting my water hose I selected "normal" operations. However, no water to the kitchen or bathroom facuets. What procedures must I follow? I have no problems with filling the "tank" (dry camping)

jimtoo

Hi aaguilar545,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with some info for you. Is this a new unit or used, did you purchase from dealer or individual? Just wondering if it was checked before you took possession of the unit. Was PDI performed?

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Last edited by a moderator:

Padiddle

Hi, welcome to the forum! I did this too my first time. Not to fear. On our newer unit, The "Normal" valve setting is for when you're dry camping and using the pump to deliver water to the faucets. For filling the fresh water tank, you've already stated that you've done it using the "Tank" position. For hooking up to park water use the "City" selection for the valve. Mine points straight down in this position. A good idea is to have a pressure regulator and filter in place. Some like them "upstream" at the park hose connection to keep the hose and everything after, protected. Park water supplies can be a bit cantankerous at times.