When was Heartland"s first Prowler built?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
PJ, not sure when HL started production. I think it was a Fleetwood product at one time until HL bought them out.

danemayer

Heartland acquired the Prowler trademark in early 2010. Not sure when production would have started, but I'd guess it wouldn't have been earlier than a 2012 model build in 2011.

Had a 1998 fifth wheel, no slides. Think it was at the time a Fleetwood product. Was the most trouble free rig I've ever owned.

avvidclif

Ok being picky, Prowler was discontinued with the 2009 model by Fleetwood and the first Heartland model shows up in 2011.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Before the Prowler became a Heartland product they had a light blue and white color scheme and a goofy logo that looked like a kitten.

Now the Heartland Prowler has a fierce looking mountain lion like cat in the logo and it has dark gray instead of blue.

Here is ours (excuse the dead bugs plastered all over the front):

ProwlerLogo-P1000373.jpg

Funny thing is I never even noticed the cat in the logo until a couple of months after we bought it.

Last edited:

JohnD

In this photo you'll see an older Prowler at the far left of the shot and ours at the right.

If you zoom in on the photo you can see the old logo.

ProwlerOldNew-P1000351.jpg

Kbvols

I remember in the late 70's my parents were looking at prowler TT's they were some sort of ugly green but was I disappointed when they didn't buy it. The Prowler brand name has been around a long time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gaffer

Their trailer is a Fleetwood. I thought maybe I could recruit them into the club, but I guess they will have to be SOB's

jimtoo

I think that they would still be allowed to join the club . . .

[h=1]Membership Qualifications[/h]In order to join the Heartland Owners Club, you must:

• Presently own a Heartland RVs produced RV
  • Be registered on Heartland Owners Forum
In order to remain in the club, you must:
Be current in your membership dues
Continue to own a Heartland RV1

• 1 At such time a club member no longer owns a Heartland RVs produced RV, their membership in the club terminates

JohnD

Membership Qualifications

In order to join the Heartland Owners Club, you must:

• Presently own a Heartland RVs produced RV
  • Be registered on Heartland Owners Forum
In order to remain in the club, you must:
Be current in your membership dues
Continue to own a Heartland RV1

• 1 At such time a club member no longer owns a Heartland RVs produced RV, their membership in the club terminates

So I guess you are telling us that they can't join . . . ?