Vent inside of drain pipe on toilet

ram_1955

We have been having trouble since we brought the Road Warrior home with the main toilet drain plugging up. Looking down the toilet drain it looked like the drain line was stepped down for some reason. I just removed the toilet to figure out why and to possibly remove the step down. With the toilet off it appears that there is another smaller pipe inside of the large drain pipe and it takes up over three quarters of the pipe. Looking at the top of the trailer I do not see a vent for the front black tank and think this smaller pipe is a vent. This would also explain why there seems to be a lot of odor in the bathroom.

TP and solid waste collects around the smaller pipe causing the whole thing to plug up, extra water does not seem to help.

Anyone else having this issue?

mlpeloquin

It doesn't sound like it was built properly. The vent should never block the drain line or obstruct it. The sewer line for the toilet should go right into the tank and in fact is usually a short straight drop into the tank. The vent should come out from the tank separately. At least it does on mine. In homes the toilet drain connects via a curved elbow so as to allow a smooth flow and the sewer pipe it is connected to goes straight up to the roof. Are you sure you aren't looking at a junk cutoff peace of pipe dropped and trapped into the toilet drain when it was being built?

ram_1955

image.jpg image.jpg

Well I tried to pull it out and it would not budge. Guess I am going to have to take it back to the dealer or cut the pipe and see what I find. Sigh

ram_1955

Okay I cut the pipe in the basement leaving as much above the tank as possible. Removed screws in floor flange and lifted pipe out of the floor.
What I found wasn't a junk piece of pipe but a 45 degree street elbow that had a large spot of glue holding it in place. Once out and I could get a look from both ends and a large screwdriver, a lot of leverage and it popped loose.
Now down to Lowes and rebuild from the floor flange down then all should be good. Wow this could have been a lot worse.
image.jpgimage.jpg

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Might want to gather up your photos and send them to the brand manager for Road Warrior. Somebody needs some wall to wall counseling on how to put a toilet together. Good thing you were able to fix it yourself, but it should not have been necessary.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

WOW the stuff we see just blows my mind.
Good job digging in and fixing it. Now you know all about what's in there and how it's put together.
No more wondering what the heck is wrong. And who knows what your dealer would of done to try and fix it. !!!!
Now on to the next one.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk