How do you keep things from moving in your residential refrigerator?

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have the 3 door Samsung fridge with the freezer drawer on the bottom. We have been pleased with the fridge, but have not come up with any way to keep things in place while traveling. I know you folks have come up with something that works. Any ideas?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I've always complained to my wife that she puts too much stuff in the refrigerator that we're dragging around and don't need.
So I've found out that if you pack the fridge with everything you can think of there is no way anything is going to move.
Pack more food.

Peace
Dave

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I've always complained to my wife that she puts too much stuff in the refrigerator that we're dragging around and don't need.
So I've found out that if you pack the fridge with everything you can think of there is no way anything is going to move.
Pack more food.

Peace
Dave

Or more beer!

kowAlski631

Chill more wine! Seriously, we use plastic open mesh baskets for smaller items and wedge possible "escapees" between them. Even then we're cautious when opening.

farside291

I use the expandable bars that can be bought from Walmart. They go across the front of each shelf. But, if your shelves are too wide you may have to use some spacer blocks of wood against each side and then use the expandable bars. Sometimes if the shelf is fairly empty we stuff kitchen dish towels between the items on the shelves. On my beer shelf, nothing ever moves...I keep that packed tight at all times.

bdb2047

I also have Samsung 3 door. We use tension curtain rods. Less expensive than bars sold in RV parts store and do same job.

rxbristol

Pack more food.

Peace
Dave

You're right, a well stocked fridg--nothing moves.