Landmark 365 Welcome Sign

jniskala

Hope this is the right place to ask his question. We have a Heartland 365 - Ashland and finally received the welcome sign provided by Heartland and meant to be installed just behind the nose of the RV. It has only a thumb drive type plug - when we plug it in to the receptor provided nothing happens, the sign does not turn on.😕 Other than plugging it in is there another on/off switch somewhere that we are not aware of?

Thank you for any info sent our way!!

Always RV'ing and loving it🌞

Jan Niskala and Russ Wiseman

danemayer

Hope this is the right place to ask his question. We have a Heartland 365 - Ashland and finally received the welcome sign provided by Heartland and meant to be installed just behind the nose of the RV. It has only a thumb drive type plug - when we plug it in to the receptor provided nothing happens, the sign does not turn on. Other than plugging it in is there another on/off switch somewhere that we are not aware of?

Always RV'ing and loving it

Hi jniskala,

Congratulations on your new Landmark 365 and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

There have been one or two posts over the past year about a loose wire on the backside of the sign's plug. Based on those posts, I think it's a simple matter to examine and correct the wiring on the interior of the coach. Let us know what you find.

Also, let me point you to our owner-written Landmark 365 User Guide in this folder. It may answer questions you haven't thought of yet.

DavidCraker

Congrats on your new Landmark 365.
I have heard others say the power for the USB receptacle comes from the switch labeled "Awning Receptacle". Hope this helps and you get it figured out.

jbeletti

Congrats on your new Landmark 365.
I have heard others say the power for the USB receptacle comes from the switch labeled "Awning Receptacle". Hope this helps and you get it figured out.

David - the USB port is a 12 VDC input item. The Awning receptacle is 110 VAC. I think the thread you are recalling was a mix of discussion on both the DC recept and the AC recept - but the two items are not linked.

jbeletti

Hope this is the right place to ask his question. We have a Heartland 365 - Ashland and finally received the welcome sign provided by Heartland and meant to be installed just behind the nose of the RV. It has only a thumb drive type plug - when we plug it in to the receptor provided nothing happens, the sign does not turn on. Other than plugging it in is there another on/off switch somewhere that we are not aware of?

Always RV'ing and loving it

In the bedroom, below the window, remove the top drawer under that cushioned seat and pull out the bottom drawer. On the outside wall, you will find the back side of the USB receptacle that Dan mentions. Look for one or both of the DC connecting wires loose or disconnected and reconnect them. If they are already tight, if you have a volt meter, remove the DC connections and check for 12 volts DC across the 2 wires. If you don't have any power there, then I would suspect a fuse in the fuse panel.

jniskala

Thanks everyone! We are going to try all of your suggestions and see what works. Your all terrific!!!

Always RV'ing and loving it!

Jan & Russ

DavidCraker

Thanks for correcting me Jim. We just received our Landmark 365 sign and plugged it into the USB and work flawlessly.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jim has your answer. Same thing with our 2015 Ashland, the drawer under the bench smashes the wires and knocks them off of the back of the USB receptacle.