SAMSUNG HT-X20 DVD Home theatrein 3580 BH

bunnie1203

Samsung HT-X20
Hope this is the right place to ask
Can I play an ipod on this?
How to watch the movie on living room dvd player in the back bedroom? A switch? Remote?
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

SmokeyBare

Bunnie,

I did a google search using "Samsung HT X20" ... it came up with a "How To Guide" for the home theater System. That will guide you on all it can do... and how to make it happen.

as far as getting the signal to the rear bedroom... Only simple way I know is to run a cable from the Home Theater DVD Output... all the way to the front bedroom TV.

I have decided to put a second DVD player in the bedroom... and when we want to watch a DVD in the comfort of the bed... we can...

Hope this helps...

jbeletti

Hi Bunnie,

Here is a link to the support page on the Samsung website for your home theater receiver.

Below is a diagram of how the iPod is to connect to the receiver. Not that it requires a cable. I am guessing I have the same receiver as you. I do not recall seeing an iPod cable provided. Perhaps the OEM models supplied to RV manufacturers don't have the cable. I am not sure but I will inquire and others will chime in here if they were supplied a cable.

As for displaying the DVD from the livingroom home theater receiver onto the bedroom TV, this is tricky. It can be done, requires more equipment and should only be undertaken by someone familiar with such things.

The 2009 Landmark, Bighorn and Big Country units are now all wired the same as far as the TV cables. The drawing I am looking at of the docking center (UDC) shows a coax cable for Satellite going to TV2. I assume this is the bedroom TV.

If you are not using Satellite TV at all, consider doing this:

1. Use an component cable set to connect the video output of the Samsung Receiver to the component input of the Living Room TV
  2. Use a standard composite Audio/Video cable set to connect the composite A/V output of the Samsung Receiver to an RCA or similar RF modulator (~$25).
  3. Connect the Satellite coax for the Living Room TV to the RF output of the RF Modulator
  4. In the UDC, use a 1' coax jumper to connect Sat TV1 to Sat TV2.
  5. In the Bedroom, connect a coax jumper from the Sat jack on the wall plate to the TV Antenna/Cable Input jack on the back of the TV.

What this does is to modulate the A/V output of the Samsung DVD/Home Theater Receiver to a TV channel (usually channel 3). Then this signal is routed to the UDC, jumpered over to the bedroom satellite cable and into your bedroom TV.

In order to switch the bedroom TV back to using the TV antenna, you would swap cables on the back of the TV back to the TV antenna cable or install an inexpensive A/B switch (~$10 at Radio Shack) to switch between the two sources without having to move any cables.

I know it sounds complicated but it is pretty straight forward to do and for under $35 or so.

If down the road, you add a Satellite dish and end up utilizing those prewired Satellite cable, you may need to run additional cables.

iPod to Samsung Receiver per Samsung website:
//heartlandowners.org/attachments/HT-X50_iPod.jpg

bunnie1203

Wow, thanks for all that. AWESOME! service here
I thought that the tv was already set up, per the sales person pitch, but I will check with them as it is going in next week to get a few things added.
As far as the ipod thingy, the instructions are for the x50, ours is the x20 and you would think there would not be much of a difference. I did not receive a cable, but have one that I use to update ipod on the computer. I plugged that in, it says "reading" for about 10 minutes, then only plays the podcasts-does not read music. I tried to change the source on the tv with the remote but menu would not come up on screen. I will also ask if the service department knows anything about this. My hubby thought we had to go out and buy a receiver to hook up the ipod, but I dont want to mess with the surround, connections etc. Sometimes when he tries to fix something he ends up remodeling the entire place. at
Thank you
By the way, service department Motorsportsland in Salt lake city is the best of the best. Dean is the man! Extremely helpful every time.
Will let you know if I find anything further .
Diane

jbeletti

Bunnie,

My bad on the model number - sorry about that.

I have attached a copy of the manual for your unit.

there does not appear to be an iPod specific connection method. But, you can still connect your iPod, just not control it via the unit.

Using an iPod audio or audio/videa cable, connect it to your iPod, then connect the Left and Right audio plugs to the audio Aux input on the back of your unit.

The USB port is a host port and supports a few devices (cameras and MP3 players) but does not support the iPod in order to directly control it. See page 59 of the manual for the supported items.

Have fun.

Jim

Attachments

• 20070410094206359_X20_SEA.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 34

jbeletti

Bunnie,

If you don't have one, here's a cable like the one you will need:

M9765

Here's a link to it at the Apple Store. You can get cables like this at Best Buy, Circuit City etc.

Have fun!

Jim

RubiconAg

Do you guys have to be plugged into shore power or have a generator running for the stereo to work? We would desprately like to upgrade our sound system but I still want to run it off of the 12v system without buying an inverter.

I know some of these units only require 8-16v inputs but most have internal transformers.

Shadowchek

I am going to hook up a car stereo system on the shelf above the other sound system so that we can have a stereo when boondocking. They are pretty reasonable and most come with remotes these days.

bunnie1203

I am thinking of moving the samsung X20 to the back bedroom and replacing with a newer samsung in the living room. thought you could watch dvd in the back bedroom from the front unit but looks like that is not the case

I am having trouble with my Jensen player that came with the trailer. Actually two fold. Having trouble getting TV sound out of the speaker system internal and external (using dirct tv) but the other problem is my IPod NANO isn't coming through the stereo either can anyone help out with trouble shooting info?