Heartland family to the rescue.

GETnBYE

Nothing like the feeling of seeing a Heartland member pull up to tow your vehicle when you are stuck on the road with truck problems. A huge thank you to Malcolm and Valerie Talley. They just happened in the rest area while we were on the phone fighting with Good Sam road service and they did not have their camper in tow so they hooked up our trailer and took it to a campground. We hope to have the truck fixed soon and make it to the Alabama rally if not we will head home when they get the clutch replaced in the F- 350. We were about to leave and another Bighorn pulled up to see if we needed help. [

image.jpgimage.jpg
Not to bad a place to be stuck and good company as well.

Attachments

• 20160504_115302.jpg
    20160504_115302.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 145
  • 20160504_115305.jpg
    20160504_115305.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 137
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

MCTalley

We almost didn't stop since we were getting close to home. So glad we did.

We had so many offers of help and assistance from various club members after our wreck last fall. When we saw the situation today we didn't hesitate to offer to help out. HOC members are the best!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
That's the Heartland family way! Thanks Malcolm & Val, and others out there that have saved the day for our members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
I am going to say a prayer answered. I was worried about my cuz.

VKTalley

I am going to say a prayer answered. I was worried about my cuz.

I agree, Hogan! Someone on Malcolm's Instagram account put it best, "Sometimes God drives the truck", which I totally agree with. We were meant to be there. :)

ram_1955

Way to go Malcome & Valerie

We need a section on the H.O.T.E.L. To offer this kind of service.
I live just south of Atlanta, GA on I75 and could just image someone getting truck and trailer towed off the highway and not have a way to move the trailer to a campground.

My thought would be if you are in the area you could call a listed member to come to your aid. I know I would do all I could to help another member.

Jim Beletti
We spoke briefly at the Sevierville rally about just this thing. You asked that I send something to you but I had not got it put together to send.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Way to go Val and Malcolm :angel:. So glad that you had a guiding hand telling you to stop.

Gosh Wayne - hope it wasn't the alternator again. Was hoping the fix at Sevierville worked. Got my fingers and prayers for you. What campground did you end up at?

MCTalley

They were here at Ft. Toulouse in Wetumpka, Alabama. Their truck clutch went out. The Ford dealer in Clanton had them fixed in less than 24 hours. I took Wayne back up to pick it up this morning. They pulled the rig out after lunch and headed down to the Alabama rally only a day late. They texted us a little while ago to let us know they made it.