Indoor/outdoor thermometer question

Diamondjim

Being lazy.....I miss my indoor/outdoor thermometer that we have at home.
I purchased a similar unit for our 5th wheel, where do you folks place your outdoor sensor? I know they recommend on a Northern location - like that might ever happen.
Ideas welcome.:D

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Mine hangs here 24/7/365...doorside. Been there for 30K miles so far!!
f22c44e41b7695fed06cf6d642bd8f0d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GWRam

We put velcro on the back of the temp sensor and stick it in the pinbox. Its out of the wx, and always in the shade.
When we travel we put it with all the tv/blueray remotes. The one time we forgot to store the sensor it traveled home safely
in the pinbox.

DougS

Doug S
We hang our sensor under the pin box in the shade. When we travel we put sensor in the refrig and the display in the truck so we can monitor the temperature as we travel.

Diamondjim

Great responses, thanks to all.

DougS - how cool is that idea..........no pun intended, but a great idea! Do you leave your frig running while on the road? (on propane?)

Westwind

Bought one at Home Depot for about $15 and I bought Velcro for the sending unit, I attach it to a Velcro strip inside of the propane compartment and the unit works well next to my recliner, I've forgotten to take the unit out of the propane compartment and it has traveled 1400 miles at least twice. I've now put Velcro in the UDC and attach it there
when traveling.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I keep one somewhere along I-55 in IL, one somewhere on I-90 in MN and one on TX state highway 281.
I now keep one attached to the pin box.
Wherever you keep it make sure it's secure or at least don't forget about it when you hit the road.

Peace
Dave

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
top of tire under slide out of sun. Has a length of hunter orange tree marking tape that hangs down by the wheel chocks as a reminder

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I put velcro on the sensor and on the wall under the overhang. During the winter, I bring it home and put the sensor in my garage. We have another permanently set up in the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wdk450

I hang my outdoor sensor with velcro just above the front compartment door. It is in the shade and pretty much blocked form wind. I use the outside thermometer reading when deciding to run the Fantastic vent fans.

So far the velcro hasn't failed, but the velcro adhesive has failed. Luckily it was while I was parked during a stay. I upgraded the velcro adhesive to Gorilla Super Glue.

Last edited:

Manzan

The base unit sits on the counter. One sensor fits on a bracket that hangs on the tire nearest the door. One in the freezer and one in the refrigerator proper. At home, each has its own place in and around the house. It would be very hard to forget the one on the tire and the others don't matter.

rxbristol

I keep one somewhere along I-55 in IL, one somewhere on I-90 in MN and one on TX state highway 281.
I now keep one attached to the pin box.
Wherever you keep it make sure it's secure or at least don't forget about it when you hit the road.

Peace
Dave

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D. The one on Hwy 281 is readying 76 degrees.

mlpeloquin

Had one one the tire every time we stopped. That one stopped working after the crush test failed. Our new one is put on the small slide window with industrial strength Velcro. I just leave it there.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I put ours on the inside lip of whichever slide out is opposite the sun and is in a spot where I see it whenever I put the rear jacks up.

Diamondjim

Loved several ideas, but went with the pinbox location-thanks to y'all.
Will try to attach picture.

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk