Locking gas caps

Roadventure

I have a Road Warrior with a tank for my genny and a tank for my fuel station. I had the thought today when looking at my rig that it doesn't have locks on the gas caps. Somebody could easily siphon gas if they understood I was carrying it in the first place. Have any of you fellow TH folks added locking gas caps?

Rhyph

I too had the same question and was trying to identify the caps in this post with picture. If I could figure out the cap #, ordering locking replacement caps should be a trivial thing. I can't find a part number on mine, and I don't have easy access to the trailer since we keep it in a covered storage facility that's about 30 minutes from our home. We want the locking caps specifically because we keep it at a storage facility, and I'm more concerned about vandalism than anything.

OEFVET

I took one cap off and brought it to an autoparts store and they were able to match it with a locking cap. I've had them on ever since with no issues.

Roadventure

I took one cap off and brought it to an autoparts store and they were able to match it with a locking cap. I've had them on ever since with no issues.

Great idea. That seems to be the best process. If you are storing your RV with fuel it make sure to put some Stabil in the tanks.

Roadventure

I guess the other ? is has anyone ever had people siphon gas from them? I intend to help those in need of gas, if the opportunity presents itself.

OEFVET

The filler hose is a straight run and can be siphoned. However I put locking caps on to deter any malicious activity.

Sent by NY Horse Holder