ATF: North Trail - slide

i just bought a 2009 north trail. the slide has broken 2 times while camping world lafayette, LA was attemtting to deliver it. once a front connection or slide and the second time the front cable broke. is this a bigger issue? if the electric slide fails can the slide be brought in manually? they said i should contact the manufactuer with my concerns.

jimtoo

Hi ermadefries,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

If you could give us a little more info on what broke, cable.. where? ,, connection??,, not sure of what you mean here. Has Camping World tried to fix it or are they just telling you to call the factory?

If you do call, Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032, have your VIN when you call.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

danemayer

Hi ermadefries,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

It's hard to tell if there's a bigger problem, but having 2 separate failures on the slide while the dealer was delivering it sounds pretty unusual. It makes me wonder if the dealer tech screwed up the first repair in some way, perhaps creating the second problem.

You'll need to work this out with the selling dealership. Current production is the 2017 model year, so your 2009 could be up to 8 years old. Warranty is only 1 year. And manufacturer warranties don't convey to 2nd owners. So telling you to contact the manufacturer (of either the slide or the trailer) is just a way of telling you they don't plan on helping you if there are further issues.

You may need to sit down with the sales and service manager at the dealership at the same time. If you're not confident that the problems have been correctly fixed, maybe you need to ask for a refund.