3rd Brake Light

rhodies1

just finished installing new LED light on the back of my Bighorn,I now have a high mounted light that works as a tail ,brake and both signals. I mounted high above the rear window below my clearance lights.
The biggest challenge was running the new wires up the molded back,took a while ,had to remove top mounted markers to feed wire but with a little patience it was no big issue.
As we know to get a left turn signal a wire must be run from the left light, no issue but in order to make all work properly you need to purchase a controller to ensure proper power feed. Picked one up at local auto dealer. All works well and looks good too.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
just finished installing new LED light on the back of my Bighorn,I now have a high mounted light that works as a tail ,brake and both signals. I mounted high above the rear window below my clearance lights.
The biggest challenge was running the new wires up the molded back,took a while ,had to remove top mounted markers to feed wire but with a little patience it was no big issue.
As we know to get a left turn signal a wire must be run from the left light, no issue but in order to make all work properly you need to purchase a controller to ensure proper power feed. Picked one up at local auto dealer. All works well and looks good too.

Post a picture or video!

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Nice. I've considered wiring in one of the 60" led light bars, have one on the back my TV between the tailgate and bumper, to the rear of mine. In my mind, I'd place it down below the rear window. So many drivers today only stare at what is immediately in front of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rhodies1

I thought about this but I don't believe there is room between the outer side of the rear wall and the end the cap to run wires, I tried fishing a snake up towards this area below the window with no success,no room to get behind the end cap to run the wires...Didn't want to drill a hole and have it come inside the trailer. Then there would have been war!!!!!!!.
If Heartland stats adding these then they can install before the cap go on

travelin2

I thought about this but I don't believe there is room between the outer side of the rear wall and the end the cap to run wires, I tried fishing a snake up towards this area below the window with no success,no room to get behind the end cap to run the wires...Didn't want to drill a hole and have it come inside the trailer. Then there would have been war!!!!!!!.
If Heartland stats adding these then they can install before the cap go on

Maybe so. I was thinking more like just above or even below the license plate.

MikeR

I like the high mounting vs. a lower mount. I want the vehicles that are behind the vehicle that, is directly behind me to see that brake light come on.

travelin2

I like the high mounting vs. a lower mount. I want the vehicles that are behind the vehicle that, is directly behind me to see that brake light come on.

High is good and rhodies1 did a professional looking job but if someone is riding your @$$ in traffic, they ain't looking for additional stop lights 8-10 above their line of sight. Jus' sayin'...

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
There is room to run wiring in the rear cap. You have to snake the wires along the top until you are past the window and then down. I have done it several times.....just have to be persistent. I removed the rear lites and used a heavy wire to run wires up or down. If you remove the upper marker lites its easier to run wires. Just my 5cts worth.