Issues with Cable TV System in 2015 Gateway 3650BH

Hi Gang,
New to the forum an have a quick question regarding cable TV for my 2015 Gateway 3650BH. I have 3 cable TV receivers all hooked up for all 3 TV's inside my unit (master bedroom, kitchen and bunkroom), plus an internet modem installed behind the kitchen TV. Internet works great and getting nice signal to both Kitchen and Bunkroom TV receivers but no signal to the master bedroom receiver. Anyone else has had the same issue and if so how can I resolve this?

Thank you for your help.

jbeletti

Assuming you are using the Heartland run cabling and the cable TV input and that the installer didn't rewire anything...

1. Make sure the Antenna wall-plate button is off / light is off

When you stay the bedroom cable TV receiver is not working, are you talking about an external receiver (cable TV converter) supplied by the cable operator? Or are you talking about the tuner built into the television.

Give us more info and we'll take a deeper dive with you on this.

danemayer

On most models, the rooftop over-the-air antenna and the cable TV input cable get merged in the bedroom in the signal booster. From there, the signal goes to the other TV locations.

If your signal booster is in the bedroom, make sure you're plugged into the cable TV/antenna coax connector on the signal booster, and not the satellite connection. If the coax connectors are labeled, don't assume the labels are correct.

Hi Jim,
Yes I have External Cable TV receivers for each TV's. The bedroom receiver is not getting a strong enough signal, my cable TV provider (Shaw) is able to reset the receiver remotely but advised me that the signal is not strong enough. The coax input connectors (2) in the UDC are not labeled so I took a guess. The antenna wall plate button is off, all of the TV's cable signals get lost when I turn on so I am guessing my main cable feed is in the correct coax input in the UDC.

danemayer

A weak signal might be due to a loose connector on the backside of the signal booster. Before starting to work on it, you'll want to remove the 12V DC fuse in the fuse box. It's easy to make contact with the 12V connector on the signal booster and blow the fuse.

Bones

I have the same model. Is your over the air booster in the cabinet above the kitchen counter-top against the bathroom wall? If so there is a splitter behind the radio on the other side. You will have to remove the radio and you should see a splitter there.

0423161216.jpg0423161232a.jpg

Ignore the blue tape. You can see the back of the amplifier in the picture and a slight view of the splitter on the right. Hopefully this helps a little for you.

HI Bones,
I located the splitter (3 outputs) behind the stereo and was hoping to find the coax that goes to the outdoor kitchen TV, I disconnected each coax one by one and see which TV loses the signal so I can id each wires but to my surprise 2 of the wires affected the signal to the bunk room TV. Would you know where the Outdoor TV coax connection is behind the stereo?

Thank you.

Bones

HI Bones,
I located the splitter (3 outputs) behind the stereo and was hoping to find the coax that goes to the outdoor kitchen TV, I disconnected each coax one by one and see which TV loses the signal so I can id each wires but to my surprise 2 of the wires affected the signal to the bunk room TV. Would you know where the Outdoor TV coax connection is behind the stereo?

Thank you.

Oh. I would have thought it was there. I'm not sure now. The only thing I can say is take a look behind the coax jacks and see if you have splitters there. You have a jack in the bunk room and one in the ceiling in your master

Roller4tan

Similar issue with DirecTV. Low signal to bedroom receiver, main receiver was fine. I thought the receiver was bad because it was an intermittent problem. DirecTV sent out a tech who then replaced all the wall barrel connectors. The connectors had a white or black insert and were only rated for OTA signals, so sometimes would not pass satellite signals. The ones he installed have an orange insert, no problems since.

PALTeam

Past Indiana Chapter Leaders
Spent several hours going through cable stuff trying to get the park cable to come through. Knew the park cable worked cuz Ed (park employee) brought over a TV and hooked it up direct. Spent lotsa time trying different connecters in the UDC; there are five (5), count 'em FIVE inputs in the UDC. And the sticker on the door only shows three (3). Long story short, got out the multimeter and a long jumper and tested cables between the UDC and the Weinguard Sensorpro in the closet. Finally found the right cable (it's the fifth input, down lower in the UDC); then found there was a short in that cable. Pulled the connector out of the wall in the UDC, and the short was visible in the connector - shield wires were touching the inner wire. Replaced the connector - have cable! Real hot out today, and of course I cut a finger, so I have blood, sweat and beers in this project.

Hope this helps somebody else out there.
IMG_1599.jpgIMG_1600.jpg

Spent several hours going through cable stuff trying to get the park cable to come through. Knew the park cable worked cuz Ed (park employee) brought over a TV and hooked it up direct. Spent lotsa time trying different connecters in the UDC; there are five (5), count 'em FIVE inputs in the UDC. And the sticker on the door only shows three (3). Long story short, got out the multimeter and a long jumper and tested cables between the UDC and the Weinguard Sensorpro in the closet. Finally found the right cable (it's the fifth input, down lower in the UDC); then found there was a short in that cable. Pulled the connector out of the wall in the UDC, and the short was visible in the connector - shield wires were touching the inner wire. Replaced the connector - have cable! Real hot out today, and of course I cut a finger, so I have blood, sweat and beers in this project.

Hope this helps somebody else out there.
View attachment 45700View attachment 45701

HI PALTeam,
Thank you for the information, I solved my problem by completely by-passing the antenna power switch, disconnected all applicable coax cables and re-wired the set up to go through the 4 way splitter located behind the stereo. Everything works great now.