• CANYON RV PARK

Votes: 8 88.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I would like to open this dicussion early so as a group we can figure out what to do. It has become apparent that fuel costs are going to determine how far we travel. I would like everyone to post a thought on what to do. Some people are going to Las Vegas in September. Pat and I want to go but $500.00 in fuel for 1 day is a bit much for us. Anyway, lets get all our heads together and come up with some ideas. BTW, I guess we have 3 new members that live in Socal, so welcome and I hope they read this and chime in. Sorry guys, just cant be real cheerful with fuel at $5.00:eek: a gallon. Bob and Pat :D:D:eek:

Forrest Fetherolf

Bob&Patty,

Temecula is 280 miles from Oasis Las Vegas rally, @ 11 mpg = 51 gals (round trip) x $5.15 = $263 for fuel....................Eliminate 4 dinners out @ $65.75 and the fuel expense is covered. You must return the favor...............I drove to your rally. u-o-me! :)

Hope you can make it. Uncle Rog and Larry are staying a few extra days.

Forrest

//heartlandowners.org/images/attach/pdf.gifHeartland Owners Rally.pdf (78.7 KB, 1 views)

Bob&Patty

OK Forrest you got me. Then how late can we get in the CG??? Cause if we leave here at 6 PM, it will take at least 5-6 hours to get there. Maybe Pat and I could get off work early, we will see what we can do, OK. You all have to understand that between now and your rally we will driving to N. Dacota and back and to Montana and back. Thats about 5K miles worth of fuel and lest you forget my SS check is kinda small. Love ya Forrest and we will try to make it. Bob and Pat :D:D:eek: PS Larry is going to be there????????????? OH MY

Glad to see a new SoCal rally in the planning. DW and kids may be able to make it out to Vegas in September. I'll know more in the comming weeks...it's the busy season for us firefighters. I may not be allowed to travel that far. And, the fuel costs be ****ed! The oil companys be ****ed too!

A September or October rally would work for us except for the weekend of September 20. Got to go to my 20 year high school reunion.

Anyone for Wine Country Resort? http://winecountryrvresort.com/

It's about a 2.5-2.75 hour drive north of Ventura, but it's a very nice drive. Temecula to Ventura took us just shy of 3 hours.

Another nice place is Lake Casitas: http://www.lakecasitas.info/camping.html

It's about 15 minutes east of Ventura.

Just some ideas...

Forrest Fetherolf

OK Forrest you got me. Then how late can we get in the CG??? Cause if we leave here at 6 PM, it will take at least 5-6 hours to get there. Maybe Pat and I could get off work early, we will see what we can do, OK. You all have to understand that between now and your rally we will driving to N. Dacota and back and to Montana and back. Thats about 5K miles worth of fuel and lest you forget my SS check is kinda small. Love ya Forrest and we will try to make it. Bob and Pat :D:D:eek: PS Larry is going to be there????????????? OH MY

If necessary, I'll stand guard to keep your campsite open, what ever it takes to get you here..........Larry has reserved 313.........a pull-thru no less. I made sure we had both back-in's and pull-thru's. That small SS check will help with better fuel mileage........just think, if you were really really wealthy.........you would need a bigger TV and RV to haul all that $$$$$$$.

c-u-at the rally.......hopefully.

Forrest

jbeletti

Happy to hear the band is getting back together :) Hopefully Thor will be able to make it. I expect it will be a scorcher. Beach party!!

Just went by the place two weeks ago. Has a water park and many great winery locations. Just over the hill is the ocean. Can be a little warm in Sept.
Glad to see a new SoCal rally in the planning. DW and kids may be able to make it out to Vegas in September. I'll know more in the comming weeks...it's the busy season for us firefighters. I may not be allowed to travel that far. And, the fuel costs be *censored word*ed! The oil companys be *censored word*ed too!

A September or October rally would work for us except for the weekend of September 20. Got to go to my 20 year high school reunion.

Anyone for Wine Country Resort? http://winecountryrvresort.com/

It's about a 2.5-2.75 hour drive north of Ventura, but it's a very nice drive. Temecula to Ventura took us just shy of 3 hours.

Another nice place is Lake Casitas: http://www.lakecasitas.info/camping.html

It's about 15 minutes east of Ventura.

Just some ideas...

Bob&Patty

Hi Thor, haven't heard from you in awhile. What I thought we could do was get input for a couple of weeks and then put in a poll for the date and a place. September is a busy month for me,(ie) Montana and the rally in Vegas. Mr. Merc, thanks for the input, lets see what the polls show us. Also seems that Mr. Merc and I have somethings in common. BTW Thor, my 45th:eek: reunion is in July. How time flies. Bob :D:D:eek:

sharmulst

We might be able to come to the rally if it were in October. We are fulltimers and will be coming towards Calif. sometime in October after having been in Wash and Oregon for August and September. I will follow on the forum. We are headed for Branson tomorrow for the rally. It will be great seeing friends and making new ones as this is the 3rd one for us.

Bob&Patty

Steve and Sharon, keep checking this thread. We would love to have you. Just be forwarned that the Socal bunch is a little on the rowdy side. Check out the pix in HOG of the last rally in May. Never mind the guy with the tape measure, he wasn't with us. BTW, anyone on S.D. you want us to say hi to. Will be there about July 5th. Ya sure Bob:D:D:eek:

Last edited:

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Hey Bob, is that your 45th reunion of being a grandad? That would make you about 80. Yea that sounds about right you old cranky grampa. And we are up to any place that sounds good for the socal rally. We had a blast at the www.winecountryrvresort.com Our fav was the JLohr winery just down the street. Only downside is its pretty expensive. btw ole man rowdy is the proper spelling, and i know 50 years ago u were pretty rowdy, at least thats the way the story goes.

Thor you ole firefighter you, whats the latest. Have u decaled your rig? Havent been to the lake casitas rv park but am open to any kool place. Might have to put cranky bob on ice though. Thaw him out for a nice exhibit.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Oh, Bob, I am just playing with u as u r with me. You are the best RV mentor anyone could ask for. It's like having an older brother with mechanical knowhow. I think casitas or wine country rv resort would be very nice socal rally spots.

The winecountry site has some nice areas to visit, if you like the Ocean and great wine!

John & Karen
2005 Landmark 2500 Duramax 4x4 Almost done with the new wood flooring.

TessaM

Past California Central Chapter Leader
Wine country RV park is reeeeeeeeeally nice, we were there last fall.

Bob&Patty

The wine country sounds nice. Will keep it in mind. Cant remember if thats the place that Larry met his waterloo but still sounds like fun. Bob:D:D:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.