Protecting Nose of RV

Piperflyer

Has anybody came up with an idea to protect the nose from bugs while towing? is there any kind of bra you could have installed that would keep the nose clean and keep the paint from chafing like the car bra's did. It sure is a pain in the neck trying to keep the nose clean while on the road full time.

rxbristol

Some say using Rejex wax allows the bugs to wiped off without any labor. I used some recently on the front cap only and all the bugs collected on a 1,500 mile journey did indeed just clean off without any effort.

TxCowboy

Agree with Rex. Having a wax-based or polymer protectant is probably the best bet.

I used to have a sports car with a car bra. The bra actually damaged the car surface because of the wind buffeting plus rain being trapped behind the bra.

Rockin_Dollar_B

New Mexico Chapter Leaders-retired
One way to protect the nose of your rig is to have it "wrapped' in clear vinyl by your local sign/decal shop. It's not cheap, but it will sure protect your rig. You can also have it printed with custom graphics/text that you might want displayed.

donr827

I always kept the front cap waxed. Always before a trip I did this. After arriving at a campsite one of my setup items was to wet the front cap with water and then use a scrub brush. The key is to get the bugs off ASAP.
Don