ODS is OTS

DonLisa

Hello all,
We recently purchased a used 2008 Cyclone last September and noticed the ramp lights not working. After I got my ladder, and pulled the cover off the light bulbs looked brand new. When I pulled the fuse panel to check the fuse the small LED light that shows when a fuse is blown did not light up when I pulled the fuse (like the other fuses; i.e. porch light). When I went to the owners section I noticed or couldn't find schematic diagram.

Any "sparky's" out there who can lend me a hand in how to trouble shoot my lighting problem?

Thank you,
Don

danemayer

Hi Don,

One thing to note: the led in the fuse box will only come on if the fuse is blown/missing AND there's a load on the circuit with a path to ground. If the lights aren't turned on, you can pull the fuse and the LED will stay off. If the lights are turned on, but there's a break in the wiring, the LED won't come on when the fuse is pulled.

DonLisa

Hi Don,

One thing to note: the led in the fuse box will only come on if the fuse is blown/missing AND there's a load on the circuit with a path to ground. If the lights aren't turned on, you can pull the fuse and the LED will stay off. If the lights are turned on, but there's a break in the wiring, the LED won't come on when the fuse is pulled.

yes, i noticed that...I'm assuming the wire is broke. I just don't know where the wiring goes or how to trace it. Would this switch also be for the pin light because that is not working either and its a clean bulb as well?

danemayer

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with Cyclone wiring. Hopefully another 2008 Cyclone owner will chime in with some thoughts.

Ted_Dee

Hello all,
We recently purchased a used 2008 Cyclone last September and noticed the ramp lights not working. After I got my ladder, and pulled the cover off the light bulbs looked brand new. When I pulled the fuse panel to check the fuse the small LED light that shows when a fuse is blown did not light up when I pulled the fuse (like the other fuses; i.e. porch light). When I went to the owners section I noticed or couldn't find schematic diagram.

Any "sparky's" out there who can lend me a hand in how to trouble shoot my lighting problem?

Thank you,
Don

Don, recently at a rally one of the members had a closet light that was not working. He remove the cover for the fuse panel (4 screws) and the wire on the back side of the fuse was off. This might not be your problem, but it is easy to check. No ladder needed.