2wd low range any one try this yet

nhunter

I don't know how much of a need you would have for it. I have only ever put a truck into low range twice and for that I took my chance running it on the pavement.

RubiconAg

Gotta love having hub locks! Our 01 F-350 still has them. We use our low range just about every time when backing into a space and our driveway. There is less riding of the clutch and more ease of monuverability (sp) because of the reduced speed when in low.

Essentially this product allows you to put your truck in 4wd low without engaging the front electronic "hub lock". Thus, it gives you a two wheel drive option. I think its a good product depending on the price.

ChopperBill

A $100 for the GM seems pretty reasonable. I have used low going up some pretty steep inclines but it has always been in the dirt and has no effect on the transfer case to my knowledge. I use low when backing up to install the truck camper and it sure works better.

Dmaxcc6spd

I think the price is crazy! Simply pulling the fuse from the panel inside the truck accomplishes the same thing. I have installed a switch in my overhead console with wires running to the fuse panel with an inline fuse to protect the truck circuitry. To date, I just haven't found a "pretty" way to splice the wiring into the fuse box. Basically, I need a blown fuse that I could solder my wire leads to.

Any thoughts on this approach?

My truck is an '01 Chev 2500HD

Last edited: