Residentual refrigerator doors not staying closed

cwb

Greetings. Wondering if anyone has found a good way to secure the side by side refrigerator doors. We have a Big Horn with the Frigidaire residential fridge. Thanks in advance

danemayer

Hi cwb,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I'm sure other owners with the Frigidaire Residential fridge will share what they use to keep the doors securely closed.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
If you have the side by side Frigidaire refrig, we Velcro the handles as a secondary security while traveling. Haven't had any problems in over 2 years with this method.

MCTalley

We use a velcro strap around the bottom of both handles. When not in transit, we hang the strap on the door using a magnetic clip so we know where it is without having to hunt for it.

farside291

We have the Frigidaire side by side and on top of each of the doors are two flip over latches. You sure yours doesn't have them also. I wasn't told about them during the PDI and I would have never noticed had I not called and asked how to secure the doors. The guys like, "just latch the latches". Duh, but I never saw them, only broke 3 eggs. Its amazing how only 3 eggs out of a dozen can jump out of the package.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

We have the Frigidaire side by side and on top of each of the doors are two flip over latches. You sure yours doesn't have them also. I wasn't told about them during the PDI and I would have never noticed had I not called and asked how to secure the doors. The guys like, "just latch the latches". Duh, but I never saw them, only broke 3 eggs. Its amazing how only 3 eggs out of a dozen can jump out of the package.

Made me look :)

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

This is what we use.. Don't know where we got it, I found it in one of my junk drawers. A small snap clip dog or cat collar would work too. We also use plastic trays and the spring bars inside to keep things in place. Otherwise things fall out when you first open the door
f928d48757a4f0945db74323f0a778d2.jpg

9bdf43784eea75f59af3930f44a375e2.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Never would have thought of a dog collar but what a great idea. Yes ours also came with the top door latches but I think on the newer models, they have gone away with them in that there was some problems with the screws for the latches were hitting some of the Freon lines. The newer ones have a plastic latch on the front of the doors for the side by side but not sure on the bottom freezer drawer models.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Mine had the 2 rubber pucks with the cross strap.. It didn't hold and I had eggs and everything else all over the floor what a mess.
We use a variety of these trays
She find them at TJ-maxx
60c04d8733c40b166d425d5e9891bb88.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

farside291

Am I really the only one with latches on top of the doors? The dealer may have installed them there but I doubt that seriously.

danemayer

Am I really the only one with latches on top of the doors? The dealer may have installed them there but I doubt that seriously.
I think that was one of the early approaches the factory used. As mentioned, sometimes the screws would puncture refrigerant lines, which led to a different approach being taken.

Kathi-27

our 2017 bighorn 3875fb came with plastic strap at top of door and Velcro strap for handles from the factory

sbhoward

We had the same problem ( among others) and got some rubberized reusable twist ties from Home depot for the doors. We always secure the doors before taking off.