3210 fresh tank capacity

sasha_j

I asked this question in the Prospective Owners area, but apparently, that is the wrong place to ask. So I ask here.

We are considering the 3210 and like the layout, indeed most everything about it, but wonder why it is listed as having only has a 75 gallon fresh tank. All the others are 100+. Doesn't seem to make sense.

75 gallons seems too low for a tri-axel TH. Is this correct or a typo in the specs? Thanks for your reply.

Wallaby

That has been the posted "Fresh water" capacity since the introduction of the 3210, therefore I am 99% sure that it is correct. I assume the 75g Vs. 110g is due to the shorter trailer length (less room).

sasha_j

The Razor 3110DS (also from Heartland and approx same length has a 105 gal Fresh spec. Which is why I thought the spec for the higher end Cyclone 3210 would be at least the same, if not even better.

I would love to get factory confirmation one way or another.

sasha_j

I would still appreciate getting confirmation one way or another, from a factory spokesperson.

The reason I press this point is that the Razor 3110DS (also from Heartland and roughly the same size) is rated for 105 gals of fresh. I would naturally think the higher end Cyclone 3210 would have an equal or even better spec.

G

gregd

Different frames, different axle set ups which makes different tank configuration and the mechanicals to the slides are different. Both very high quality built units.

Dirt1st

I purchased a Cyclone 3210 a little over a year ago. At the time, based on Heartland's literature, the dealer's salesman, and the weight sticker in the trailer, I assumed the trailer had a freshwater capacity of 110 gallons. The filled the water tank and took the trailer out. two days into the weekend, the tank ran dry. I then refilled that tank, using a volume meter on the hose. I took only 55 gallons to fill the tank. I took the trailer back to the dealer. not only was the tank a 75 gallon tank, it was mounted so as to make 20 gallons unusable. The tanks also was not installed level with the trailer, so that pump intake was at the high end of the tank, leaving another 10 gallons or so unavailable. The pump intake was mounted on the side of the tank, rather than on the bottom, so I could not pump out the last ten gallons. The vent hoses are also located on the sides of the tank, rather than on the top, so once again I lost ten gallons of storage capacity at the top of the tank. That problem was solved by installing valves on the ends of the vent lines so that I could completely fill (very carefully) the tank. I had the dealer level the tank, and install a pump pickup fitting on the bottom of the tank so that I could pretty much pump it dry.
I think the primary reason there is only a 75 gallon (or 55 gallon usable) tank is a weight issue. There is room under the trailer, over the axles for a 110 gallon tank, but with 15 inch wheels and tires, and the axles installed, I believe a normally loaded trailer would exceed the weight ratings for the tires and possibly the axles with 110 gallons of water aboard.
Heartland's response when I called about the actual fresh water storage capacity versus the carrying capacity sticker in the trailer was to say "Oh, we will send you a new sticker".