Found out I had a brother

Rodbuster

The time was May 2012. The location was Pine Mountain, Georgia. The occasion was the Heartland Southeast Regional Rally hosted by Dave Yocum.

For Fran and I, it was our first rally with our 2012 Landmark. At the rally we met a couple, it was their first rally also. We sat together and became acquainted. We talked for a few hours and found out that we had quite a bit in common.
I had a 2012 Landmark...he had a 2012 Landmark. It was our first rally...it was their first rally. I drove a black 2012 F350 dually... he drove a black 2012 F350 dually, I was tall and good looking... he was tall, I played golf...he played golf, I had chronic back problems...he had chronic back problems, I was married to Fran, the best woman in the world... he was married to Faye, the best woman in the world and the list goes on and on. The girls were saying that that we could be brothers. Well, I never had a brother. Calling Ken "my brother" would be fine with me.

This couple would be Ken and Faye Hyde. We have made many wonderful friends through our associations with Heartland. We have grown especially close to Ken and Faye, two of the nicest people you would ever want to meet.

Ken has just announced that they sold their Landmark and are pursuing a new venture in their lives. I'm sure that he will be missed by many in the Heartland family. As for Fran and I, we won't be missing them all that much because we plan to stay in touch and get together with them as often as opportunities present themselves. Just don't want to lose good people like this.

Looking forward to sharing many more campfires with you Ken and Faye.

Dick and Fran

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
Thank you "brother" for the kind words. We will truly miss our Heartland friends and all the great times we've had over the four years we shared time with the HOC. We will always have a soft spot in our hearts and good words for Heartland. Of course, we believe that you are a very lucky person to have found Fran. She is special. You, not so much. Be safe "brother" and we'll see you somewhere down the road. Ken