Jensen iRV6500BT sound only comes from TT speakers not TV

I have a iRV6500BT factory installed in my TT, the sound only comes from my TT speakers, I would prefer to have the sound come from the TV speakers (or at least be able to choose TV or TT speakers). I have the TV connected via component cables (red, white and yellow), unfortunately there is no HDMI connection on the iRV6500BT. Has anyone had this same issue, and if so how did you fix it?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I have a iRV6500BT factory installed in my TT, the sound only comes from my TT speakers, I would prefer to have the sound come from the TV speakers (or at least be able to choose TV or TT speakers). I have the TV connected via component cables (red, white and yellow), unfortunately there is no HDMI connection on the iRV6500BT. Has anyone had this same issue, and if so how did you fix it?

Are you trying to play a DVD from the Jensen . . . or just watching TV?

That component cable is most likely the DVD player out to the TV, so you'll only get sound out of the trailer speakers if you are listening to the radio or playing a DVD.

If watching TV, you'll need to plug a cable into the headphone jack (3.5 mini plug) of the TV and run that to the 3.5 mini plug input on the front of the Jensen, then choose the 'AUX'.

This will, however, cut the sound from the TV speakers, but you'll get the audio through the trailer speakers.

We had a Jensen in our previous Heartland product, a 2013 Trail Runner TR22RK, and the 'A' speakers were the inside speakers and the 'B' speakers where the outside speakers, and we had no 'C' speakers, even though there was a selction for a third pair of speakers.

Campout2012-PC260022.jpg CheyenneMtnCO2014-IMG_2108.jpg

I had to pull the Jensen unit out of the wall as it was equipped with a diapole antenna, which was rolled up in a ball with a rubber band around it, so it wasn't pulling in any radio stations.

If you are experiencing this . . . unroll that antenna and srting it along the wall or above a window valance.