Does the fan on the fuse panel / inverter always run when plugged in?

Jasp

I just purchased a new trailer and am having some electrical problems on my first trip. Batteries drain super quick. The fridge and water heater constantly has to be re set. When plugged it the fan on the inverter runs constantly. Help.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
You probably mean the converter (converts 120V AC to 12V DC). Do you have a battery cut off switch? Is it in the "On" position? It would help a lot to know model of trailer. Those of us using Tapatalk don't see your signature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

I just purchased a new trailer and am having some electrical problems on my first trip. Batteries drain super quick. The fridge and water heater constantly has to be re set. When plugged it the fan on the inverter runs constantly. Help.

Hi Jasp,

Could you give us a little more info.

What do you mean by saying the fridge and water heater constantly has to be reset?
Are you fridge and water heater running in electric mode, or on propane?
What kind of fridge do you have?
If you're plugged into shore power how do you know your batteries are draining quickly?
What kind of trailer is this?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
The fan on our power converter/fuse panel only runs when we turn on a bunch of lights or have several power hungry appliances running.

SNOKING

Are you dry camping or plugged into shore power. Need more info to help.
[h=2]Re: Does the fan on the fuse panel / inverter always run when plugged in?[/h]
Are you dry camping or plugged into shore power. Need more info to help.​