Dream floor plan

Last week the wife and I became interested in the Landmark 365, we are currently owners of the Cyclone 4114. The model that caught our attention was the Madison with its opposing slides in the living area; very nice space. Our biggest concern was the front living weight and how that might play out on the hitch. Next we toured the Charleston as it appeared to have a nice living area as well. What we concluded is that we loved the layout of the Big Country 4010 RD, same living room as the Madison but in the back of the unit vs the front. Wife was happy this unit had a window in the kitchen also. It would be a dream floor plan if Heartland would transform this to the Landmark quality; this floor plan is fantastic!

wehavefun

You could look at the Bighorn 3970RD, that is the closest you will get right now, many of the same features as a Landmark

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Big Country, BigHorn and Landmark are built on the same assembly line. The features/amenities increase as you go up in brand BC=>BH=>LM But they have the same basic construction for the walls, floor, ceiling, slide outs. Also, unless it changed with the 2017s, the cabinetry style/color in the Big Country is the same as the Landmark.

Big Country, BigHorn and Landmark are built on the same assembly line. The features/amenities increase as you go up in brand BC=>BH=>LM But they have the same basic construction for the walls, floor, ceiling, slide outs. Also, unless it changed with the 2017s, the cabinetry style/color in the Big Country is the same as the Landmark.
Thanks for the comments and the information regarding BH, BC, and LM. We will revisit the dealership and have another look at the BC and BH as those 2 floor plans make a lot of sense to us. The good news is we have an rv to live in while we debate and shop for a new floor plan.

TravelTiger

Thanks for the comments and the information regarding BH, BC, and LM. We will revisit the dealership and have another look at the BC and BH as those 2 floor plans make a lot of sense to us. The good news is we have an rv to live in while we debate and shop for a new floor plan.

We love our BC 4010RD. The North Texas Chapter Leaders, Nancy & Dave, recently purchased the BH 3970RD. We compared the features side-by-side recently at the NTX Chapter Rally. There are definitely differences as you move up the line, but it comes to personal preference as well. The two differences of these two plans to note: The bathroom on the BC has two doors, one into the hall and one into the bedroom. This puts the shower on the side, and the toilet diagonally on the corner. The Bighorn bath has one hall door, so the shower is on the off-door-side wall, and the toilet and sink are on opposing walls. The 2nd difference is the entertainment area on the back wall: The Big Country has an entire wall of cabinetry and a 55" tv, so no rear window. The Bighorn has a rear window, and a smaller tv that raises and lowers out of the countertop.

Good luck in your search!

AlwaysOnLiberty

OT, Good to see you on here, Doug! It was awesome meeting you both and we're glad you came over to see our LM 365 Ashland (which most dealers don't stock) for comparison from our discussion. We hope to see you on the road or back in SA (about January?). Whichever decision you make on Heartland Product, I'm sure you'll love it.
Safe travels! Tell your better half 'hi' for me.

- Lisa

rnewk52

Greetings,
This post is for traveltiger, since you have had the opportunity to compare the BC4010RD and the BH3970RD side by side maybe you can tell us where the additional two feet of length are in the BH?
We have studied the two floor plans on paper and cannot see it.
Thanks

TravelTiger

Greetings,
This post is for traveltiger, since you have had the opportunity to compare the BC4010RD and the BH3970RD side by side maybe you can tell us where the additional two feet of length are in the BH?
We have studied the two floor plans on paper and cannot see it.
Thanks

It could be in the kitchen area, the BH3870 has a separate pantry in the slide. The BH also has a moulded rear cap, which could mean it sticks out farther in the back, and the entertainment area in the rear of the unit doesn't protrude into the living space as much... The BC it's floor to ceiling cabinetry.... In the BC is a countertop, and the tv raises out of it, with cabinets above.

The closet could also be a little deeper, the BC closet is barely deep enough for hangars to hang on the rod. The seem to touch at the back and the doors.

Hope this helps! I truly haven't measured them, this is only by "feel" walking in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8amps

I saw a BC 4010 that had only one door in the bathroom (none from the bedroom). I like that layout and where the toliet is without the 2nd door. But on the floorplan online, it shows it as you describe (2 doors). Is that an option I wonder? Maybe what I saw was a 2016 vs. 2017? We have 2 doors in our Bighorn 3610 RE bathroom, but I really like the larger bath and would sacrifice a door. I also prefer the TV in the back (what we have now) it makes the living area so much bigger (IMHO) vs. having it fill a whole slide. However, in our 3610RE, we don't have seating opposite like you do in the 4010 and that makes the 4010 more appealing to us.

TravelTiger

The early 2016s may not have had the 2 door bath. Ours was an October 2015 build and is a "late" 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk