2900MK Flush Mount Ceiling Fan

Casimiro

I'm a recent owner of a 2011 Sundance 2900mk and it has a flush mount ceiling fan. The fan blades rotates in accordance to the selection, however, there seems to be no air flow. I measured the distance between the blades and the ceiling and it's less than 6 inches. My general understanding of flush mount ceiling fans that the blades should be at least 6 inches from the ceiling. Does anyone has or had this problem? If so, can you share your fix?

Thanks.

mlpeloquin

Have a ceiling fan in my Big Horn as well. It doesn't push much air as well. I use a home tower fan that I store under the bed when traveling. I don't think the blades are at an agressive enough angle. I do not care since I prefer the tower fan. I ran our ceiling fan on high. It really needs to be balanced. Since I do not use it, I have not bothered to balance it.

farside291

The one in our Big Country doesn't move air either. We keep on low for ambience and when others come over and say, "Wow you have a ceiling fan in your trailer!" Others have changed out the factory fan with a different model with success.

farside291

Cabinet doors can be a problem as well. If the fan blades are too large they may interfere with cabinet doors when you open them.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Ours has about 8-10" of clearance and does move a little air but not much. Most ceiling fan do not move much air. Nature of the beast. We mainly use it for the lights.

mlburst1

We also have a 2900MK and agree that the fan doesn't move much air by itself, but when the A/C is on, the fan actually makes a big difference in the distribution of cool air.

Mike

justafordguy

I installed a standard residential ceiling fan made by hunter in our Gateway. It really moves a ton of air. You could probably change yours out with something better if you need more air flow.

Casimiro

We also have a 2900MK and agree that the fan doesn't move much air by itself, but when the A/C is on, the fan actually makes a big difference in the distribution of cool air.

Mike

Thanks Mike. This is good to know. I'll definitely try running both this weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

I installed a standard residential ceiling fan made by hunter in our Gateway. It really moves a ton of air. You could probably change yours out with something better if you need more air flow.

I was entertaining the idea of replacing it with a residential fan like you did but I thought that the coach has a DC fan. Is the fan wired for AC or DC?
Thanks..

RAHanock

I posted this in July 2011...

The fan in our Sundance did not move much air either - we couldn't feel much cooling effect even on high. I lowered the fan about 3 inches and now it is much more usable for cooling. To do this I used longer screws and a second electrical box to preserve the fan mounting. Then placed a painted tube of aluminum around the new box for aesthetics. And there is still plenty of clearance between the blades when the slide is in.