Heartland gateway floor

Hey guys I'm new here and just bought a new heartland gateway 3650bh this is my 5th camper but first real nice one so first question is the floor it's spongy throughout and feel a ripple every now and then the dealership said it was like a floating floor with something underneath it I Found what feels like a soft spot right where slide out and camper meet just don't feel right but dealership said it was just how the floor was done also if anyone knows how to hookup satellite please let me know I plugged satellite into outlets but no signal someone said the splitters were cable splitters And had to be changed out to satellite splitters to let dc voltage pass through them

GWRam

Sthrnflvr89,
The floor in our Gateway is solid except on small spot by the bathroom floor heat duct. You could call Heartland with your VIN # and ask if they have changed floor construction. Do not trust your dealer.
As far as satellite goes I have attached a photo of one of the splitters in our 3650BH and it would not be up to satellite performance. Satellite splitters Ive seen are in the 2100mhz range. If your unit is like ours, every coax connection will be loose, and a few
may not even be connected. Also if using cable or satellite make sure your antenna amp is turned off.
IMG_2046.JPG

Last edited:

Abear79

Hey guys I'm new here and just bought a new heartland gateway 3650bh this is my 5th camper but first real nice one so first question is the floor it's spongy throughout and feel a ripple every now and then the dealership said it was like a floating floor with something underneath it I Found what feels like a soft spot right where slide out and camper meet just don't feel right but dealership said it was just how the floor was done also if anyone knows how to hookup satellite please let me know I plugged satellite into outlets but no signal someone said the splitters were cable splitters And had to be changed out to satellite splitters to let dc voltage pass through them

Make sure your power booster for your antenna is turned off when hooking up cable and satellite. little red button in the cabinet under your tv in the kitchen.
I have a 2015 3650bh and my floors are solid.

Bones

yup floors are solid except the floor register in the bathroom. I think that is because of the two ducts going in there from the basement. that is on my list of things to add support too.

justafordguy

The floors on mine are solid also, something doesn't sound right with yours. What year is it?

My 3650BH has a second hookup just for the satellite dish that does not go through the antenna power supply.