No cable TV. 2016 3160EL

Brireey1600

I have a new 2016 3160 EL and I am not getting cable channels on TV. I read the past post related to this. I did connect a coax cable directly to pedestal thru window and received all cable channels. Is there an antennae switch that needs to be turned off? The dealer said no to this question and I do not see one. I also checked for loose connections that I could get to. I also removed basement wall panel to access some additional connections and splitters to make sure they were not loose.

SNOKING

Look in the front closet on the left side forward. Turn the light off on the power inserter for the OTA antenna amplifier. Chris

Westwind

Lots of connections in the docking station, are yours marked? You could be connected to the wrong one if they aren't marked correctly and have the antenna amp is on, with cable it has to be shut off.

Brireey1600

That's what I have. Four sat on top and one on the right for the cable. I am hooked u to the one on the right which says catv

SNOKING

That's what I have. Four sat on top and one on the right for the cable. I am hooked u to the one on the right which says catv

So no cable input on both TV's? That Catv should go to the back of the power insert on the front closet. The front connection goes to one of the TV (bedroom most likely) . on the back is another output off the over TV. We have a splitter in the cabinet above the living room TV, which I assume goes to the storage basement.

Hook your outside input to that splitter input if you have it.

Might try the other inputs to see if cables got mixed up.

Also look behind docking station to verify there is a cable connected.

Does the OTA antenna work on both TVs?

Chris

Brireey1600

Sounds like your wiring is like mine as I do have the splitter in the cabinet above the living room TV. I am going to try scanning the bedroom TV to see if I get any channels. Then I will connect to the splitter in the living room cabinet. My problem definetly seems to be in the cabling. I will let you know how I make out. Thanks for your advice

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Look in your blue packet for the cable/coax schematic. It's not exact but it will help you understand. you'll find all of your coax connections are loose so unfortunately you'll have to go though and tighten them all. If your TV is in your slide you can pull the cables out of the frame under the slide and there will be some connections there, you can tap in there and see if it works. you can look at the schematic sheet to see what color cable your looking for. I can't remember.
hope this helps

mlpeloquin

Make sure the cable jumper in the closet is connected to the top connector out of the amplifier. The lower connector is for a satellite dish.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
So far we have purchased two brand new Heartland products in the last three years . . .

And both of them had the cable TV coax wired up backwards from the factory.

And also with both of them it seems that the two different dealerships we purchased from didn't have a clue how to wire them back up correctly!

In our new Prowler . . . we were getting the antenna and cable through what was labeled as the satilite connection.

SNOKING

Look in your blue packet for the cable/coax schematic. It's not exact but it will help you understand. you'll find all of your coax connections are loose so unfortunately you'll have to go though and tighten them all. If your TV is in your slide you can pull the cables out of the frame under the slide and there will be some connections there, you can tap in there and see if it works. you can look at the schematic sheet to see what color cable your looking for. I can't remember.
hope this helps

Installing our HW surge protector today, I found that loose coax connections was very true.

Also Heartland must not own any shop vacs!!!! The zoo was full on saw dust and other loose construction left overs!

Chris

stesmi52

I had a loose jumper in the bedroom closet that caused me trouble. The connector had loosened completely from the cable. Anything on the shelf can jiggle it loose.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk