Automatic Awning

Nwasher

We have a 2016 Torque 396 and it has an automatic awning. Does anyone know if it has a rain sensor or any way to tilt it so the rain can run off and not puddle?

Thanks

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
If it's like ours, the arms can be adjusted so that one corner is lower than the other for rain runoff. Doubt it has a rain or wind sensor, but can't say for sure. If you call Heartland Customer Service with your VIN number they should be able to tell you.

pegmikef

If it is a Carefree awning, then when it rains it will sense the increased weight and lower one side so water won't build up on the awning. It will NOT automatically raise your awning. Also, it will not automatically lower one end if the awning is tied down . . . don't ask me how I know.

Nbomar

Mine doesn't look like it will do anything, but after a torrential rain storm at the Bristol nascar race, I realized the front edge will retract to make a funnel for the water. Our neighbors voltage did not have this feature. His awning was ripped off completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IronJ

On my rw there are little push buttons on the arms so you can tilt the awning...also like nbomar, mine will fold in the middle of it gets too much weight or wind on it

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Ours tilts down by itself if it gets too much water in it . . .

Last summer it did that and came down on top of the opened entrance door and bent the awning arm.

I wish it didn't drop down by itself . . .

Personally I don't think it is that great of a feature.