ATF: Landmark - Newport kitchen slideout rollers

Fulltimers

Our 2017 has a broken ram support bracket. Factory service is sending a new L bracket to be re-welded to the bracket. While checking to see what caused the bracket to fail we found that two of the rollers under the fridge side are overlapping by about an inch which causes the slide to tweek when be deployed in brought in. Not sure if this is fixable without sending the coach back to the factory as the slide will most like have to be removed in order to gain the proper access. Any suggestions will be appreciated. I can send photos of the rollers if needed.

jbeletti

Hi there - sorry to hear about your slide issues. With regard to the roller portion - it will be best for you to engage customer service by phone as they do not monitor this forum. Call them in the morning at 877-262-8032. Have your VIN ready. Alternatively, you can email the pictures, a description of the issue, your VIN and contact info to service@heartlandrvs.com. If you don't hear back within two days - follow up with a phone call.

With regard to your broken angle bracket, I read that with much interest as I just had this issue with my 2015 LM. Mine, yours and one other is all I have ever heard of in 12 years. Certainly there have been more - but none I have read about.

I removed that whole bracket/head assembly and had a neighbor reweld the broken angle and add a gusset over the top of it. I reinstalled it and viola - I have a working slide room again :)