Country is lop sided....

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Looks like the country must be lop sided. I went to the HOP to see if anyone was around the area were I am located and a large majority of the points are on the eastern half of the US.

What happen to all the Heartland RV on the west half. With all you folks in the east how come I am alone here at Boonsborough SP.

If your on the east side, look out.. I may find you. Hee hee. I really like the HOP...

azbound

It appears many of the Heartland owners in the west either haven't joint the forum or haven't elected to position themselves in the system. If you go to the members list you will find that there are a lot more members in the west than the HOP shows. So I would assume they just haven't used the positioned option yet.

Shadowchek

I have positioned us on the hop holding down n centrall Ca. Our BH looks a lot bigger in the driveway than on the hop though.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Maybe some are moving so fast on the west coast that we can't keep up with them..

Were just... Slow Moving Joe... Hee Hee..

azbound

Shadowchek I see that you are in Ceres. I grew up there and graduated from Ceres High in 62. How long have been there?

CGibson

Well looking at the HOP, we are feeling awful lonely up here in Alaska. I know I have seen some Heartland products up here this summer.

Shadowchek

Shadowchek I see that you are in Ceres. I grew up there and graduated from Ceres High in 62. How long have been there?

I lived here for a couple of years 20 years ago then Moved back to Modesto until I bought my house here about 11 years ago.How long since you lived here? Ok now back to waxing the beast. Boy is this thing big when you are waxing it. I figure I am about two thirds of the way done. So if you see the real Shiney baloon on the Hop later on today that would be Our BH Lol.

azbound

I lived here for a couple of years 20 years ago then Moved back to Modesto until I bought my house here about 11 years ago.How long since you lived here? Ok now back to waxing the beast. Boy is this thing big when you are waxing it. I figure I am about two thirds of the way done. So if you see the real Shiney baloon on the Hop later on today that would be Our BH Lol.

I left in 1970, most of my family still live in Modesto. We were in Modesto 2 weeks ago. Haven't been in Ceres for several years can't believe the growth. I think the population was around 3 to 4,000 in 70.

busted2341

Shadowchek,

I am sorry to say I have been needing to wax the B/H for some time now. What type of wax are you using? Anything specific that seems to work in much easier?

Shadowchek

Shadowchek,

I am sorry to say I have been needing to wax the B/H for some time now. What type of wax are you using? Anything specific that seems to work in much easier?

Well my BH sat on the lot for about a year so there was some light oxidation. I needed something that had a cleaner in it. I started out with Zymol it was ok but was comming out kind of streaky. They suggest washing it to even it out but I really didn't need to add another step to this process. I found a bottle of simonize blue on my shelf and gave that a try. I actually did a good job of cleaning and waxing it looks pretty even. The problem is I don't know if they even make it anymore. After that ran out I switched to Meguires gold class it did a good job but wasn't much on cleaning. I then tried Nu finish in the orange bottle it isn't a wax just a polish but it was easy to use and has a nice shine and it claims to be a once a year product. I don't know if it cleans because at that point I was polishing the shaded area around the king pin and access door there. If I had oxidation and could find some of the Simonize blue I would use it again if I get to it before it gets oxidation I would probably go with the new finish for ease of use and shine. It gave the clearest reflection of all of them.
Greg

Last edited:

cjbearden

Visitor
Hey Bob

See what happens when you are sitting around with too much time on your hands!:D You should be up here in beautiful Colorado Rockies with us. Hope to see you again in the Fall in Spring, TX! Get to show you the new digs!!! :eek:

Hope you and Pat are doing well.

C.J.

Last edited:

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hay JD..
Sounds like your having a great time at Lake Side KOA..
We have spent some time in that area. Now we are going to see the states on the East of the Mississippi.. We are in Elkhart having some tune ups done on the new 5er.. See you got yours. When did you get it..

We might be at the Fall Rally. Have to go to the wife's nephew's wedding in Austin in OCT.. Then to Livingston to get registrations done, and then to Dallas for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years..

Look forward to seeing you both in the Fall..

I like the HOP... Can see where everyone is staying.. Jim Beletti is in Branson I think but his HOP shows Elkhart..

Travel safe and have fun.. God Bless..
BC

cjbearden

Visitor
Hey Bob

We were supposed to pick up the Augusta on 13th but decided to give our tech another week to complete a few initial items we discovered needed fixing. Will do PDI on 19th and swap out RVs on the 20th. Wish you were here to help!!!

DW is somewhat upset that couldn't get a dishwasher installed. With stove in the slide and lines enclosed in the floor and no hot water line closeby there was just no way. HL Factory said no way also!! Guess we will just have to get dishpan hands - I see more trees falling in the forest to make more paper plates!!!!

We have a great tech (Dennis) at K & C RV Sales in Longmont, CO. Great folks all around. Make you feel right at home the second you walk through the door.

Hopefully next year we will get to go east of the Mississippi also. Furtherest we have gotten is Biloxi where our Coast to Coast home park is located. Would like to switch home base to somewhere in TX but haven't decided on location yet. As soon as I take care of eye exam in AR and visit my son and family in Bossier City, we will be heading to south TX. (Right in time for prime hurricane season!!! If I didn't have poor timing, I wouldn't have any timing at all)

Ya'll have fun in your travels. We like looking at the HOP also but realize a lot of folks are not keeping it posted up to date. Too many folks at home. We need to see more 'family' out there on the road. We are having Rally withdrawal!

See you later.
J.D.

jbeletti

Hi JD (and CJ),

The Arkansas Heartland Owners Club Chapter met yesterday at the rally. they had a nice size group. But if you relo to TX, you'll have 3 chapters to choose from!

Enjoy your new unit once you move into it.

Jim

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Hey we have had 2 SoCal rallies and there are quite a few Heartland Owners out here in the mild, warm weather. Usually got to drive a long way to get into the inclement weather you folks call home.