Black Tank Flush Noise

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I can't believe after almost 2 years, I didn't notice this sooner. When we dump our black tank and use the san-tee flusher there is a humming/vibrating noise that can be heard behind the toilet room. I never thought much of it because I had a rinser on my last trailer and I heard a similar noise while rinsing. Well, the last time I dumped the tank, I was near the front door while rinsing the tank and it seems as if the noise is actually located about 18" above the bottom of the closet base and I can actually feel the vibration in the side wall of the closet. The one by the entry door. Could this vibration be the check valve or maybe just the hose laying against the wall? I plan on removing the basement wall next week to look under the bath area floor to try to make some extra storage area and I'll see what I can find but I thought I'd look for some thoughts here too. Thanks

Forrest Fetherolf

Probably nothing more than the sani-flush nozzle vibration transmitting sound through water piping........similar to pipe rattle in houses when piping is not secured properly or hose bib whistle when valve is partially open restricting water flow.

Forrest