Wireless Camera Issues

SparkyD

I just bought a Furrion FOS48TAPK-BL wireless observation system. My 2017 RW425 came with the prep. The camera drops right in, and plugs in, perfect fit. I plug the trailer into my truck and start it. I don't seem to be getting power to the camera. When I plug it into the 12v Y Harness that comes with the camera, a have a picture, and a blue light is on the camera. I don't get the blue light when camera is installed on RW. Am I missing something?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dennyha

I have a different brand of camera, but to power it, they tap into a marker light. As a result, the power to the camera is only on when the trailer lights are on. During the day, I have to turn my truck headlights from AUTO to ON.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I would think you'll need to start by checking to see if you have 12V power at the camera. Also you might need to pair them. Mine was already paired I just powered everything on and it all worked perfectly.
On the monitor if the little blue light is flashing the monitor is looking for the camera. If you hit the bottom button "I think it was" the grid lines will come on the screen for a few seconds.
I believe the pre-wired units have power all the time. That power wire my have a inline fuse you might look for. I know Steve ("Tikidawg" on the forum) Installed a remote power switch on his. Now he can power it on and off with a remote key fob. Mine is after market so I have to turn on my lights.That power wire my have a inline fuse

SparkyD

What a bummer. I plugged in the trailer, turned on the lights on the truck, have all running lights on trailer lit, and still no power to camera. I tried checking voltage with a meter, but the female plug on the camera prep is so small I can only get one lead in it. I walk back and forth between the truck where it works instantly and has the blue light, and the trailer where I get nothing. I would love to know where the other end of the camera prep cable goes to, so I could open it to troubleshoot.

SNOKING

Did you try reverse with the truck connected?

Maybe it is wired to the backup light circuit.

Chris

Kathi-27

on our 2017 bh the rear camera is on the circuit for the ceiling fan. need to ck all your 12 volt fuses

beasleyrl

I just bought a Furrion FOS48TAPK-BL wireless observation system. My 2017 RW425 came with the prep. The camera drops right in, and plugs in, perfect fit. I plug the trailer into my truck and start it. I don't seem to be getting power to the camera. When I plug it into the 12v Y Harness that comes with the camera, a have a picture, and a blue light is on the camera. I don't get the blue light when camera is installed on RW. Am I missing something?
I had the same issue on my 2016 Cyclone. There is a fuse in the battery compartment labeled 15A (I had to ask Heartland Customer Service). When the rig is shipped, they don't install the fuse. Put the fuse in and it worked perfectly. In the pic below, you can see the red fuse and wire near the bottom.

Good luck!

IMG_5153.jpg

Last edited:

SparkyD

Wow. Thank you very much for the useful information. I just wish it was about an hour earlier, lol. I removed one of the rear running lights on the trailer, found and pulled out the splices. I confirmed that the camera prep was a different wire than those lights (the camera prep was yellow/white, and the lights were brown/white. I opened the DC fuse box, checked all fuses, even pulled the fuse box out of the wall looking for a mis-wire or non connected wires. The yellow/white there was for the A/C's, not related. After no success there, I cut and capped the camera prep feed, cut into the running lights, and spliced the Furrion cable into that. After doing all of that, I finally have the blue light on the camera. Thinking I am now finished, I go to turn on the monitor at the truck, and it won't turn on.......I have truck running, other 12VDC chargers work, but nothing at all on the Furrion monitor. It has to be unrelated, right? They have no physical connection. I think it went bad, I'm going to have to return it and get another one.

Anyway, I'm a bit peeved with Heartland, because I called them yesterday, spoke to Dustin, who was stumped. Had no idea where the camera prep cable went to. So, what do you guys recommend I do now, add the fuse and switch it back, or just leave it on the running lights circuit? Looks like I just spent 3 hours chasing my tail......