Want to replace interior garage wall with one that is removable to allow easy access into living area.

I have a 2008 Cyclone 39' toy hauler. The original owner removed the table/couches to be able to use regular furniture. He must have brought the couch and lazyboy chair in by removing the living room slide out. I would like to replace the furniture with something that fits better but don't want to remove the slide out. I thought that if I replaced the wall between the garage and the living room with a Large /removable panel that contains the existing walk thru door, that would suit my needs and still keep a separation between the two rooms. The panel would still need to carry the load of the sleeping loft above the front of the garage. Has any one made such a remodel? If so, any tips?

looking forward to hearing from any of you.
rhodgson1053

danemayer

Hi rhodgson1053,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I doubt the previous owner removed the slide to get the furniture out. That would have been a really big deal. He may have disassembled the furniture to remove it.

My neighbor has an older Cyclone that he's modified to make wheelchair friendly. I think he enlarged the doorway between living room and garage without taking down the entire wall.

On edit - he added a strip of metal bracing to strengthen the area over the doorway.

Last edited:

mlpeloquin

The lazy boy back should have levers under the back cover that release the back from the chair's bottom. Otherwise they may have opened it up all the way and slid it out on its side. Don't know about the couch.

ram_1955

In a previous trailer I removed the to swivel rockers and put a regular recliner in. The rockers had to have the base removed to get them through the 26" door. The recliner base went through by standing it on end and walking first one arm then the bottom then the other arm through the door and it had to be a particlular arm are it wouldn't turn right to go in.
I also removed a large couch that folded out to a queen size bed, had to take it completely apart, about 10 pieces.